Films and Fevers

Dixie walked into Noah's apartment in "aw" the place had so much more light coming in from the windows giving the place more dimension and untimely making it feel bigger. "Nice place," Dixie said slowly, regretting her words. "Isn't it the same as yours?" Noah asked, clearly fairly curious. "Yeah it is, but I don't know it just looks better." "Thanks," Noah said with a rather strong smile almost as if it was forced. Dixie turned her attention to the T.V on the wall. It was huge, there was a coffee table arranged nicely in front of it and a book, a coaster, and the remote laying neatly on top. Dixie was amused by how much time Noah spent cleaning his apartment, into making it his own.

She looked at the TV again, finally reading the title of the movie that would willingly start If someone pressed the button on the remote. The movie was dirty dancing, one of Dixie's all-time favorite movies. She turns to Noah and smiled broadly "You like dirty dancing?" She asks, almost sounding sarcastic. "Yea it's iconic." "NOBODY PUTS BABY IN A CORNER." They say the famous line together and both couldn't help but laugh. This time authentically you can hear it in their voices. They sound genuine.

When the movie finishes and the popcorn bowl was propped up against the hem of Noah's leg, Dixie lets out a sigh of relief. "Well I should probably get going I wouldn't want to take up too much of your-" Noah cuts her off with the initial task of getting to the topic he so nervously wanted to talk about. "I was wondering-" Noah starts as Dixie makes no effort to sit back down on the couch. "If you wanted to be friends." Dixie looks at Noah, partly shocked and partly terrified, using the fact that she should be sitting on the soft underneath her as an excuse to rip her eyes away from his.

"I-'' Dixie starts then stops really thinking before opening her mouth. "I'm sorry if I caught you off guard or anything I didn't mean to freak you out." A form of failure, disbelief and embarrassment appear so clearly on his features, clear enough to see how incredibly hard he's trying to hide it. Dixie smiles knowing fair well what to say. "I-I'd love to be your friend, but um-." She stops, feeling as if the embarrassment on Noah's features were slowly seeping into her pores as she spoke. "I've just never really had a friend before."

Noah was stunned, in utter disbelief. he couldn't believe it, there was no way the woman sitting beside him had never had a friend before. She was one of the best surgeons in the country, lived a life full of opportunities and experiences. There was no way she had no friends, there was no way she had no one to share life with. Dixie made an attempt to look away from his eyes but was caught in their rather gorgeous alignment. They were green, so green they were blue if there was a soft mix between both Noah's would be the display case.

Noah readjusted, "What about Addi?-'' He asked softly but cautiously. "You two seem to be good friends. "We are but it was still-" A pause "The relationship was in some way bound to happen. I still have to wonder if she's my friend because she genuinely likes my personality or if she's my friend because I work with Bryce." Noah's sign is full of sympathy. "Well, I am happy to be the first real friend of Dixie D'amelio." Dixie smiles with pride, really contemplating hugging Noah but deciding against it. "I should still get home, I want to be at the hospital early tomorrow." Noah nods understandably offering a warm smile. Dixie rises from the couch grabbing her iPhone from the table positioned in front of them.

"This was fun."

She says kindly closing the door behind her.