30. Turning Page

I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH

HOPE YOU ALL LOVE IT

AND OF COURSE, 'CAUSE I'M A MUSHY MESS, I'LL WRITE A NOTE AFTER THIS

okay, get your shit together.

 we started this together, let's finish it together.

shall we?

-

"Though we're tethered to the story we must tell, when I saw you, well I knew we'd tell it well. With a whisper we will tame the vicious seas," Turning Page by Sleeping at Last

 August 31th, 2013 // Zoey Willow Hunter.

About 61 days since she has met Nico Bear Forrest.

            "ZOZO?" a shy voice prickled at my ears and small fingers poked my stomach. It seemed and felt vague, far away. A memory living in the back of my mind, not important enough for me to open its drawer and enter it.

Current reality was that he stood before me, with an empty stare and statue-like features. He wouldn't stop shaking his head, disapproval dripping in every action. He then began to wave goodbyes, with a picturesque smile and unblinking eyes.

 "Stay," my body quivered as a whole. "Please, stay."

"ZOEY!" screeched a voice in my ear, making me jump out of bed and fall on the ground. My rear-end sent a complaint to my nerves. I put my hand on it, rubbing it to ease the pain.

I opened my eyes, greeted by a frustrated Julia Hunter, with crossed arms. Her nostrils flared adorably and her normally neat hair was filled with several pigtails. She stomped her foot on the floor in a sequence, annoyance flowing through.

The discomfort of wearing the same clothes overnight hit me. The fabric of my jeans felt too tight, my bra was misplaced and the front of my shirt was twisted to the back. 

"What's wrong?" I grumbled, stumbling to my night stand and tying up my nest of hair into a unrespectable bun on the middle of my head. "Why would you wake me up like this?"

Julia huffed, "I been tryna wake you up for 27 minutes." She tapped her brand new Dollar store watch, which I now regretted buying her.

"Why in the world would you do that?"

"Because I need food and no one is home," she rubbed her stomach for emphasis.

I rolled my eyes, "you woke me up for food?" She pouted and let out a melodramatic sigh.

"Fine, I get it," I said. "Let me shower, then I'll make you eggs, alright?"

She bobbed out of the room happily. Being without Skye to take care of Julia was a challenge. Skye was much closer to her than I ever was. They spent most days of summer together, Skye wanted to compensate for the days where she wouldn't be present. Mom would eventually help, when school started.

I grabbed my phone, instinctively running my fingers through the cracks. It buzzed in my hands; I had four text messages from Diana and two from Joel.

Merida-aka-Diana: what happened w/nico? is he leaf?

Merida-aka-Diana: duck sorry, leaving??

Merida-aka-Diana: duck** I meant duck*

Merida-aka-Diana: DUCKING DUCK I MEANT FUCK

Joel the real J: z que pasa with nico?

Joel the real J: ANSWEEEEEEEEEEER MEEEEEEE plzplzplz PLEAAAAASE