Chapter 52

Levi's POV 

"Assuming they're telling the truth, I don't think we have anything to worry about. Your guys are thorough. They wouldn't forget anything and especially not with this. They knew Iris almost as well as we did." Lucas says, fixing to a more comfortable position on the edge of the couch. 

I came back to my house to have a discussion with everyone about the cop situation. 

"Yeah, Lucas is right. They aren't going to find anything." Natalia adds as she walks into the living room from the kitchen, holding a mug. "And if they do whose to say, they're going to connect it back to us." 

"Well right now, they are investigating, for how long I don't know. Two of you should go and double-check to make sure they didn't miss anything. Chase and Natalia?" Jenna offers. 

I shake my head. "No, Chase is staying. Natalia and...Jenna you can go. Talk to every single one of my guys. Scope the neighborhood but subtly. Don't draw any attention to yourselves. I don't want a single trace of what happened that night to be found."

Everyone nods their heads but Chase looks at me, questioningly. 

"I'm staying?" He asks. 

"Yeah, I need you to talk to Iris' mother." I give him a knowing glance and he gets up, immediately walking out the room but not before tapping Isabella's thigh as a departing gesture. 

I stay over there for the rest of the day going over everything I expect of them and what I will be occupied with while they're doing this. 

"Why did you tell Chase to talk to Iris' mother?" Isabella barges into my office.

"She filed her daughter as missing knowing damn well what it meant to do that and she was well aware of her daughter's activities. I need her to keep quiet about anything she knows." I don't make eye contact with my sister but I can sense the anger coming from her body as she listens to my explanation. 

"She's just worried about her daughter, Lev. She deserves to know what happened. No matter how horrible Iris was to us--to you--she has a right to know what happened to her daughter. Then maybe she'll voluntarily keep quiet about everything and we won't have to force her," She argues.

"I won't risk it. That's putting Kara in danger, I'm not going to do it. Drop it."

"Don't talk to me like that. You may be the leader of this gang but I'm still your older sister. You don't get to talk to me like you're above me when we disagree." She abruptly closes my laptop and crosses her arms in front of me. "How can you just decide not to tell her? After everything you've witnessed, you won't allow a mother closure?"

"She's not going to know, Bella. I don't trust her and I will do whatever I can to make sure this goes away. For kara and my family. And anyway, Iris' mother isn't exactly a saint. She doesn't deserve anything."

"Levi-- "

"She can't know!" I stand and push my chair away from me. "Drop it!"

Isabella flinches when I raise my voice but her fearful expression quickly changes to one of hatred. She sharply exhales before whipping around and stomping out the room, slamming the door behind her. 

* * *

A/N: Sorry for the really short chapter. I am working on a longer one right now. Thank you so much for reading :)