Ch 262: Asking for support

"I have a feeling you're a little under the weather and based on how your face looks right now, I believe I'm correct." Sussurro approaches Lin Ye and reaches out her hand to touch his brow; she looks at him with concern. "Dr Lin Ye, you don't appear to be feverish,"

Lin Ye subconsciously leans back "What are you doing?"

"I should ask you that question." Sussurro says, "Since just now, Miss Pramanix had been talking to you, and you have not responded to her at all."

Lin Ye discovers that Pramanix is also sitting next to him, looking at him with a worried look "Are you okay?"

It's had been a day since they left the holy mountain. When the sun went down, they went back to the place where they rested previously a few days before. The place where they were attacked. It would be an understatement to say that this place left a bad taste in their mouth.

However, everyone seemed not bothered by it. That's because the God of Karlan arrived and protected them. Pramanix and Matterhorn knelt in the snow and bowed in the direction of The Sacred Mountain to pray.

Lin Ye was not a religious person and did not feel the need to join them. He sat and waited for them to finish. He doesn't know why. But when he sat down, he felt a sense of disappointment in his heart.

So, he also looked at the holy mountain in a daze. If it was not for Sussurro waking him up he would still be staring at the mountain. The sky was already dark when he snapped out from his trance. Matterhorn and Pramanix had already ended their prayer and even had a campfire burning.

"I see. I see." Matterhorn says as he is adding wood into the flame "After witnessing the greatness of the lord, even a dunce like Dr Lin Ye is entranced."

Cliffheart looks at Matterhorn curiously "Is that so?"

"Of course." Matterhorn stops his movements and sighs, "Every day, I pray to God. if I finally saw God after decades of praying. I would like to remain by God's side and serve her, I would be reluctant to leave"

"If God wants you to serve her why not be her cook. Of course, as long as you use less hot sauce. God doesn't like spicy food." Cliffheart pointed out.

Matterhorn thought of something, then his eyes brighten, "I see! But I still need more training in cooking. Then I will serve her!"

"Yeah," Cliffheart says.

Even in Kjerag, there are very few people who can see Messiah. Everyone was a little nervous when they were around Messiah, but they all relaxed after leaving the holy mountain. Sussurro, too, stated that she would remember yesterday for a long time, not only had she met God but also had a meal with them. This is definitely a very novel experience.

However, the only person that is unhappy is Lin Ye. He feels that he had forgotten something or put something down, but he couldn't remember what he forgot.

So, he asks Pramanix "We stayed in the sacred mountain for a few days, right?"

Pramanix replies "Counting the time you were in a coma, a week. Excluding the time, you spent in a coma, four days"

Lin Ye reckoned that he stayed in the holy mountain for two days and two nights. But it was these two days and two nights that made Lin Ye feel as if he was back home.

It's really strange.

With no words to say, Lin Ye chose to go to bed early. This also made everyone feel a little puzzled by his behaviour. They thought that Lin Ye had a cold again, although he did not have any symptoms of a cold. But just in case, Sussurro let Lin Ye take some cold medicines before going to bed.

In order to make his sleep more comfortable, he took out Mephisto's gloves before going to bed.

He then tortures a young Mephisto all night in a dream.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

The next day, he felt refreshed waking up. The discomfort of yesterday is completely gone. This gave him enough energy to follow Matterhorn and Pramanix back to Kjerag in one breath, without even needing Pramanix to use the bell in the middle.

"Ah~! We're finally back!" walking on the familiar street of Kjerag, Cliffheart stretches out her back and cried happily. Lin Ye also wanted to take a bath, but when he saw the shops around the street, he suddenly realizes something very important.

His souvenirs have not been sold yet!

After he came to Kjerag, the catnip he brought with him wilted quickly! It was obviously air-dried and sealed, how could this happen?

Lin Ye can't figure it out at all. But what he knew is that if these goods were not thrown out, they would be rotten in his hands, which is not what Lin Ye wanted to see. So when everyone is about to return to the villa, Lin Ye stops. Scratching his head, he says to them "I won't go back now. I'm going shopping."

This is a good excuse. No one will not be suspicious of him. Matterhorn also told Lin Ye which stores are good, and also gave some money to Lin Ye. He takes those without hesitating. Then a brilliant idea pops off his head.

Why not buy some product here and sell them at Rhodes Island to someone rich, like Jessica!

However, just as Lin Ye was preparing to walk away, Pramanix stops him.

"Hold on, Doctor Lin Ye." She walks to Lin Ye's side, "I'll go with you."

Lin Ye is a little surprised "Are you going with me?"

"Yes." Pramanix nods, "It just happens that I have something to tell you."

This makes Lin Ye feel a little uneasy. It's not easy for him to sell catnip if she is around. But she has one package already.

He couldn't refuse, so he can only let her follow along. Then Matterhorn takes the others back to the villa.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

"Doctor Lin." After leaving the crowd, Pramanix brings Lin Ye to a street where there were not many people. Then she says to him "I have forgotten to tell you before. Do not reveal the origin of your sword."

Looking at his new sword, he nods to her.

"Rest assured, I'm not so stupid to let everyone know that I have something that precious one me"

Pramanix nods "Good. After all, God is the faith of our Kjerag people. If the people know that God had given a holy object to outsiders, it will inevitably that-. Huh?"

Lin Ye sees Pramanix stops. With a face full of surprise, he follows her gaze. Then he sees a girl who is dressed in rags, covered in wounds, squatting next to a shop, holding a sign saying "Need warm bed. Asking for support". She is wearing a black scarf around her neck.

Lin Ye thinks the girl looks a bit familiar.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq