Ch 263: Are you really a souvenir seller?

Lin Ye stands in front of the girl, "Does Kjerag still engage in human trafficking?"

Pramanix frowned, "What you take Kjerag as a place for? We are a religious country with our own set of beliefs. How could we do something so nefarious? I am Karlan's Saintess. You are not permitted to slander our God-blessed country."

"Then my dear saintess, how do you explain this phenomenon in front of you? This is clearly a slave." Lin Ye kneels down. Pointing to the price tag at the girl's feet he says, "Look,"

Pramanix has nothing to say in order to prove Kjerag's innocence.

"Who are you?" She directly asks the girl,

The girl did not speak. She did not even look at her, the saintess of Kjerag. All her eyes are on Lin Ye.

This made Lin Ye feel a little strange. He steps to his right, she follows him.

"Why are you looking at me?", Lin Ye feels a little puzzled, "Have I met you before? I always feel that you look familiar."

Pramanix observes the girl's appearance and characteristics and then, somewhat surprised, says, "A feline? How is that even possible? How did a Feline get all the way to Kjerag?"

"Feline?", Lin Ye remembered something now. He carefully looks at the girl's face and looks at her scarf, "Aren't you the one from before?!"

Pramanix looks at Lin Ye in confusion, "Do you know her?"

"Of course, she is my customer!", Lin Ye had forgotten the other party's name. No, to be precise, He didn't even ask for the other person's name that day.

He was too focused on selling his products to her, and he ended up selling one-third of the goods to her. As a result, he doesn't have a strong impression of the girl herself, and his perception of her now differs significantly from his perception a few days ago. She was wearing beautiful clothes and was well-dressed just a few days ago, but now she is unkempt. Her ears and tail are shaved. Her clothes were splattered with blood, and her face was caked in dirt. His black scarf is a little torn at the edges. Lin Ye would never have recognised her if it hadn't been for Pramanix recognising that the person is a Feline.

"What happen to you?", Lin Ye is very surprised.

Pramanix's brows frown, "What the hell is going on?"

Kjerag is a God-blessed country. There have been very strict rules in place since its beginnings. Despite the fact that these rules have not been written down. As a result, there is no clear law, but the bottom line has become the rules and regulations in people's minds. Someone had clearly crossed the line and caused the suffering of this girl. Pramanix, as a saintess, will not ignore this.

Lin Ye talks about his experience with the girl to Pramanix.

After telling his story, Pramanix stares at him accusingly, "So, this happened after she bought your things?" Lin Ye nods and then feels something was wrong in that sentence.

"Hey! What are you trying to say?! ", he says angrily, "Are you thinking that I'm a drug dealer, and her family is ruined after buying my things!? I'm selling high-quality and cheap local products, Okay?"

"Special products!? How comes I didn't know about this?", Pramanix says sharply, "Take it out for me to see."

"I don't need to take it out. Just touch your pocket, the little bottle you carry with you all day long."

After he said that, Pramanix's expression changes slightly, and then she looks away, "If it is that. It is indeed a cheap souvenir, I blame you."

Lin Ye looks at her blankly.

"So, who are you?" Pramanix looks at the girl again, "There is no Feline Race in Kjerag. Are you a foreigner? How did you become like this? Dr Lin Ye said that you were here a few days ago. Who did this to you? Can you tell me? I'm the Saintess."

Lin Ye can't help but interrupt Pramanix's series of questions: "Okay, how can she answer when you ask so many questions? Saintess, go to the shop and ask the boss what's the situation, okay? Just leave it to me."

Pramanix is unhappy. It's not a big deal if she's was still at Rhodes Island to follow Lin Ye's instructions. But in Kjerag, she is the saintess of Karlan, Kjerag's highest status, and she still needs to listen to Lin Ye?

But soon she sees Lin Ye's sword, Maple around his waist. She stands up silently and goes into the store to inquire more information about the situation. She forgets that compared to her being the saintess, the God of Karlan might like Lin Ye more.

After Pramanix left, only Lin Ye and the girl were left outside the shop. The girl is still looking at Lin Ye, with conflicting emotions in her eyes. Lin Ye asked her name again. This time she seemed to want to speak, opened her mouth, but did not seems to be able to talk speak. Something isn't right with her mouth.

Here, Lin Ye stretches out his hand to the girl, and the girl subconsciously wanted to avoid it, but she didn't move. His hand lands on her head, not touching where wounds are and he gently pats her. She relaxes under his touch.

Lin Ye is relieved that she is comfortable with him touching her. His hand feels that she is very cold. Her body is shivering under the cold snow. This made him worried about her state. So, quickly takes off his coat. This made her scared a bit but her emotions quickly turn into surprise. Lin Ye wraps his coat around her, in hope of warming her up.

"I'm sorry but I can only do this to make you warm for now," he says regretfully. He really wants to help her.

The girl slowly buries her face into his coat and slowly nods at him.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

"My Lord Saintess, I really don't know where she came from. I opened the door today and saw her here. She was here again. She couldn't speak, she just gestured and begged me for a pen and paper to right on. I thought she was pitiful, so I gave it to her. By the Kaelan's god, I swear I absolutely didn't lie."

Lin Ye raises his head as he hears a bell ring. He sees Pramanix and the shop owner talking. Then after finished, she came out.

Pramanix says, "The shop owner said that she appeared suddenly..."

"She can't speak.", Lin Ye says.

"Well, the shop owner told me that too."

"But before, she was able to speak normally."

Pramanix's expression immediately changes. "Who did this?"

Pramanix looks at her again.

The girl retreats under Pramanix's gaze.

"Don't scare her anymore."

Seeing this, Lin Ye stretches his hand and again, she accepts it with some hesitation.

This is actually not a difficult task for Lin Ye. It just likes dealing with those frightened cats and puppies in the pet hospital.

After he calms her down, Lin Ye asks the shopkeeper for a pen and paper and then hands it to the girl, "You write your name and what you want to say on it."

The girl hesitates and takes the pen and paper.

Then she writes a few words on it. However, she didn't state her name or experience like what Lin Ye asked her for. of Lin Ye and Pramanix's expectations.

She wrote a question "Are you really a souvenir seller?"

"Souvenir seller?" Pramanix looks at Lin Ye suspiciously, "Doctor Lin. When did you become a souvenir seller?"

The girl's face immediately changes when she heard Pramanix call him Doctor Lin.

Doctor Lin... Doctor Lin... What about being a souvenir seller?

The girl cannot accept such a thing, and she faints.

{Rhodes Island's Psychologist}

Draft by Jaq

Proofread by Weebly

Edit by Jaq