Chapter-35

Arinya's POV

I was sitting in my cabin thinking about how to surprise my friends. Even though it's just been a day's gap that I haven't seen them but yesterday felt as if a hundred days have passed, thus I've been dying to meet them. A thought popped in my head and I picked up my phone.

I typed "Hey, can you please head to my cabin urgently and send me the pictures of the red file contents. It must be on my desk." and sent the same text message to Elle, Samantha and John.

Luckily all three of them texted back quickly. I stood up from my chair and tried to hide under the desk. My entire body ached badly even at the slight movement due to uncountable bruises and soreness.

"It's harder than I thought." I muttered under my breath while adjusting my posture. Since yesterday, I have been feeling like I have turned into a 90-year old grandma.

I wish Ashton don't barge in until I am hiding in here otherwise I'll be getting lectured left, right and center for this action. Thinking about Ashton, my mind immediately wandered around that unintentional peck on the lips that happened in the morning. I turned into a puddle of nervousness and embarassement when our lips touched but I'd be lying if I won't admit that electrifying effect it had on me in that moment. His touch and the sweet chills running down my spine blinded my vision entirely at that moment and it felt the world stopped for that brief second.

Whilst I was submerged in my sweet kiss story, the door to my cabin opened. It's surprise time. I moved a little forward and peeked through the other side of the desk which had a clearer look of the cabin's entrance.

"Surpriiii---cough cough cough..." I squealed in excitement but realised it was Ashton who was standing at the doorstep.

His face plastered an expression of confusion and disbelief.
"What are you doing?" He asked in a somewhat serious tone.

"I..I'll explain you later but can you please leave..." I said hurriedly.

"What?" He raised a questionable eyebrow at me and I realised what I did. I just asked my boss to leave.
Nerve!

"I am sorry, I meant...I need to surprise my friends." I said gazing towards the door to make sure none of them are here yet.

"First of all, you get up. You'll hurt yourself the way you're trying your hands on gymnastics under the table." He walked upto me and squatted down till my level.

"No I am comfortable here." I chuckled and tried to lie.

"Of course you're comfortable and I have two heads." He taunted sarcastically.

"Please go, I'll come and meet you in your cabin later, my friends must be here any minute now." I kept glancing at the door and tried to push him outwards but without any force.

"I've never seen you in your childish spirit and it's kind of fun." He said amusingly.

He then held my wrists very gently which made me look straight in his hazel eyes.
"But as you broke our pact, we need to have a word once you're done with your surprise thing."

"Sure. Now go otherwise I won't be coming home with you." I said authoritatively.

"Fiesty huh? I like it." He winked at me.

"Though I like the click of home when you say it but don't threaten me when I am not the one at fault. You are the one who didn't keep your end of the promise and on top of that you're kicking me out of the cabin." He made an adorable expression on his face which made me break into fits of giggles.