The Time Will Come

*two months later*

"Athena, love, what are you doing," Sirius shouted as he entered their room. He stopped short when he noticed his wife's teary face as she sat reading a letter. Three big steps brought him directly in front of her, where he then pulled her into his arms tightly.

"What's wrong? What's happened?" She sniffled quietly, trying to staunch the tears flowing down her face.

"I'm just being ridiculous, don't mind me," she muttered through her tears.

"If it's made you cry, then I doubt it's ridiculous. Now, tell me what's wrong." Sniffling again, she shoved the piece of parchment into his hands. He began to read:

Athena and Sirius,

Remus and I have news! Teddy is to finally become a big brother! We just found out two days ago (Sirius, you might want to write Remus, I think he's still in shock), and you two are the first people we thought to tell! We'll see you at Christmas!

Dora and Remus

Sirius looked at his wife curiously.

"This is good news, love! We should celebrate!"

"I told you I was being ridiculous. I'm so very happy, I can't wait for a new baby. I was just hoping-"

"That it would be our baby?" She nodded, finally looking up at him with tear-filled eyes. "Oh my Love. It'll be our turn soon enough."

"But when is soon enough? Merlin, I didn't even know how badly I wanted a child. I just can't believe how much my heart broke when I read that my best friend is pregnant."

"All we can do is be happy for them." His heart broke seeing the usually chipper woman seem so shattered.  "And we can always keep practicing, you know."

"Practicing? You don't think we 'practice' enough," Athena muttered, a small smirk on her pretty face. She knew that they had an above average sex life, that much was incredibly obvious.

Sirius leaned in closer, his smirk matching hers as he brushed his lips against hers softly.

"I could never have enough of you." His lips pressed harder against hers as his hands reached for her hands, encouraging her to stand. She wrapped her arms around his neck, bringing him in closer as their kisses intensified. Her hands brushed against his shoulders, pushing his already disheveled robes off and to the floor before reaching for the buttons on his vest and shirt. Once again, Athena found herself cursing her husband's eccentric sense of style as she struggled to undo a specific button. Finally reaching a boiling point, she grabbed both side of the shirt and pulled, popping the buttons, causing them to shoot across the room. Sirius laughed loudly, helping her add the torn shirt to the growing pile of clothing.

"Could have asked for help," he grumbled into her lips, hands already busy pushing her neatly pressed skirt down and away from her body. She shrugged as she unclasped his slacks, pushing both of the final layers of his clothes down around his feet. She sank to her knees in front of him, her warm mouth quickly enveloping his shaft. Sirius groaned loudly as his head threw itself back involuntarily. She hummed lightly as her head bobbed, pushing his limits as quickly as she could. Looking down, Sirius gathered as much of her hair into his hands as possible, giving him a more clear view of the excellent work she was putting forth. Her head bobbed quickly, one hand wrapping around whatever her mouth wasn't covering but still moving completely in tandem. He groaned at the sight of her pulling back slightly, a string of spit falling from her lips.

"You're going to be the death of me," he murmured, his entire body shuddering in pleasure as she raked her nails down his thighs. He cursed as her lips closed around him again, setting a brutal pace for herself. Just as he was beginning to get close, a loud knock echoed through the room. He put one finger to his lips to signal her to be quiet as they continued, praying whoever was on the other side would leave if they thought the two weren't there. Another knock followed shortly, along with a voice.

"Athena, open the door. It's an emergency." Athena's eyes went wide as she ripped away from Sirius and grabbed a dressing gown from her bedside. She rushed to the door, opening it slightly to double check that it was who she thought.

"What's happening, Minerva?"

"May I come in? I'm afraid that this is something we shouldn't discuss in the open."

"Erm, just a moment." Athena shut the door quickly and gestured for Sirius to shove their clothes somewhere they couldn't be seen and for him to cover up. Groaning, he grabbed his own robe, covering himself quickly so that Minerva could be let in. Once the door opened again, the older woman rushed inside, shutting it behind her.

"Oh Athena, I'm so sorry to be the one to tell you this."

"Tell me what? What's going on?"

A/N:

Just a short one with a little bit of a cliffhanger! I wanted to say a quick thank you to everyone for all of the votes and comments! I LOVE reading what people have to say about this little thing that I started! If I'm being honest, I started this to exercise my writing a bit because I felt like I was getting a little stagnant in my actual manuscript and this has just EXPLODED! We're at over 4,500 readers now and it's just amazing to me! I love you all so much!!

Love,
Drea