𝗕𝗶𝗿𝘁𝗵𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝗦𝗽𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝗹 || xɪᴀᴏ! 🎉

So I'm alive. Updates will be slower than usual, due to the fact I'm procrastinating so...

⊱────── ⁖⊷⊹ ⊶⁖──────⊰

An Adeptus does not need a celebration of its birth, yet a girl who comes by Wangshu in surprises one with a cake.

"Y/n bring over the flour!"'The yells of the staff ruined the cosy nature of the small Liyue bakery. Its fresh bread smell filled the building with its sweet aroma.

"Coming right now, Miss!" Hastily I rush over whiffs of flour clouded my vision. 'Why does flour have to be so heavy?' mentally, I slapped myself back into concentration.

"Why does working have to be so tiring?"

My head buried behind the bag of flour. Completely blinded, I tried moving forward. "Y/n, how long is it going to take!" My boss shouted, impatiently she went to grab it herself.

I turned to face her office. If only I knew she was right there and she was right around the corner, crashing into me making me fall on my back.

Dropping the bag on my foot, I wince in pain. The bag, exploding into puffs and fogged up the kitchen. "Miss, are you okay?" I held my foot, jumping around like a maniac. "Miss..?".

"Y/n, you're fired!" She broke into a rage, her eyes red, and I swear I saw steam coming out of her ears.

"Yeah and that is how I got fired from my job," Xiao listened Y/n narrate the story of her getting fired from her job in confusion.

"I did not understand a thing, Y/n" Xiao looked in confusion, his hand rested on his chin, trying to process what happened.

"Don't worry about it, Xiao," Y/n waved her hand around.

"Wait, I almost forgot I prepared you this in celebration of your birthday" Y/n quickly grasped a box out of her bag. Xiao's eyes shifted to the box, removing the ribbon that tied it together gently.

"Birthday?" Xiao opened it to see a sugary pastry, with the word 'Happy Birthday Xiao' on it.

"It's a birthday cake, don't Adeptus celebrate their birthday?" Xiao quirked an eyebrow but nodded.

"Well, I hope you like it, eat up" You pushed a spoonful of cake into his mouth, he pulled back from the spoon, slowly getting used to the sugar and frosting.

"It tastes good, Y/n..." he swallowed the pastry, a smear of frosting painted against his cheek.
"I'm glad you like it, here" Y/n drew a napkin out of her bag, wiping the frosting off his cheek."If you want more, you can ask, okay?" A blush nearly escaping his cheek, as he acknowledged in response.

"You know it been a long time since I've met someone like you, Y/n," his amber eyes centred yours, your lips yearning for each other.

"Xiao.." Without any warning, he grabbed your cheeks connecting your lips with his.

"Y/n I wanted to tell you this for a while, but I was afraid. I-I like you" Y/n eyes widened in shock before softening. "Xiao, I like you too". Without hesitation he grabbed your waist, pulling you closer.

"Thank you for this birthday, Y/n."

⊱────── ⁖⊷⊹ ⊶⁖──────⊰

Happy birthday little one and thank you for the 10k ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)

WORDCOUNT ~ 510