20.

Christmas passed by slowly. Wade was thankful for the quick break from patrol, but it wasn't enough.

Randy would be waiting for him every single day. The man was obsessed. "We are going in spring."

"Who's we, Randy?"

"Me and those fuckers daddy adopted."

"Oh, ok."

"You wanna go."

"No."

The conversation went the same way everyday. Wade had thought about taking a desk position just to get away from the annoyance, but his obsession would gnaw at him if he did. Constantly, he scanned the outside of the woods, looking for footprints, broken limbs, any sort of sign.

BigFoot of America

That was the group he had joined. Some people had evidence even a blind man could see was fake, but others had some stuff that was simply hard to dismiss. Wade went to his first convention over his brief Christmas break.

"They travel using the River. That's how they get around."

Wade looked at the picture the man claimed to have taken in a cave he found. It was clearly a river system and mountain ridge, depicted. He made the mistake of pointing out how fresh the paint looked, earning himself some glares.

"Hey man if you just came to doubt, then you might as well leave."

He made a quick retreat to look at a different booth, keeping his mouth clamped. These people are really into it.

He sat and listened to some 'real life' encounters of the sasquatches.

"I was sitting on my porch one evenin' and that's when I a saw em'. The Bigfoot just walked clear across my yard and back in ta them woods. 'Bout pissed myself."

"I seent a family. I sure did. A whole family."

"Sonofabitch tried getting into my backdoor. Shot the bastard through the window, but that didn't stop him. He let out this roar that shook the whole damn house and he hightailed it back into the forest. Followed the blood trail for a while, but lost it."

Wade found some of them ridiculous. He couldn't be convinced that some of these people just so happened to have a video camera while out in the woods. If you're hunting deer, you don't have a video camera out waiting.

One photo he found interesting was known as the oldest photo of Bigfoot. It was taken in 1894 in Canada. It was rumored that the Bigfoot shown was killed by a few hunters and trappers. The photo looked real to Wade. It was so early, he didn't think they had anything close to photoshop or the ability to make a realistic suit, like the one he was looking at.

It was awful small next to the pair of snowshoes sitting next to the dead beast. He wondered if it was a young Bigfoot. The idea of it being a child of something, made him swallow hard. He pushed the sad feelings from his chest. These are wild beasts, who know no mercy.

The story was there had been more than one photo taken, but one of the men who happened to be in a picture, was ordered to steal them. The big wigs of the company wanted the photos suppressed. Wade assumed it was because they thought it would be bad for business, them killing these mystical creatures.

He gave it one last look. It was hard to tell exactly what was going on. The photo was so old. The top part was cracked, like where someone had folded it. The cruel black and white color of the earlier cameras, could definitely hide any sort of real detail. It was furry, but the size is what kept Wade on the fence. It could be a large dog?