𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐎𝐧𝐞

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:JUST A HEADACHE

CHAPTER THIRTY-ONE:
JUST A HEADACHE

SALEM STOOD THERE, STARING OUT the window. Her head was pounding, her palm pressing into her temple in hopes of relieving herself of some of the pain. Wanda watched her from the bed with a small frown. Salem had had a vision a few months prior, but the girl refused to tell her anything but the fact that danger was coming. Salem had seen everything. She had seen Thanos snapping his fingers, she had seen Vision die and Wanda dust away. And there was no preventing it, so she simply didn't talk about it.

     "Sal?" Wanda whispered. She sat her cup down on the bedside table before making her way over to her girlfriend. They were living in Scotland, Vision lived with them but mostly he was disguised as a human and walked around and explored and hoped he wasn't recognized. "What's wrong?"

     "Nothing." Salem whispered, shaking her head. Wanda grabbed her hand, causing Salem to turn her head to look at her. Wanda placed a hand on her cheek, furrowing her eyebrows in concern.

     "Salem, you can talk to me." Wanda softly spoke. Salem nodded her head and grabbed Wanda's hand that was placed on her cheek and gave her a kiss on the hand before putting her hand over Wanda's with a soft smile.

     "I know." Salem met Wanda's eyes and nodded her head in reassurance. "It's just a headache, that's all."

     "You've been having more and more of those lately." Wanda noted.

     "That I have." Salem gently sighed. "A walk usually helps. I can go grab Vision and we can all go out for a walk before Vision and I leave to go check in with the others."

     "Why do you have to leave?" Wanda softly sighed.

     "Because the person who is practically my mother doesn't need to worry about whether or not I'm alive any longer." Salem answered. "We were supposed to check in months ago. Next thing we know Natasha is going to appear and bash my head in for not telling her how I am." Wanda nodded in understanding. Salem suddenly hissed in pain, turning away at the throbbing in her head. Ever since that vision she had had, the headaches kept coming non stop and they were painful, almost unbearable.

     "Let me." Wanda requested. Salem didn't want Wanda to end up glancing at the vision she had seen whilst trying to take the pain from her head, which is why she started to shake her head in denial. "Sal, you're in pain. I can help."

     Salem looked at her before giving in and nodding her head. Wanda looked at her before carefully placing her hand to her temple and shooting her wisps into Salem's head, trying to find the source of the pain in hopes of giving the woman at least at little break.  Salem felt herself sigh in relief, her shoulders relaxing as the pain diminished. Wanda removed her hand and gently smiled at her. "Better?"

     "Much." Salem nodded before leaning forward and giving the woman a kiss on the lips. She pulled away before whispering, "Thank you, sweetheart." Wanda only smiled at her before the two shared a quick kiss with one another once more before pulling away and offering one another a small smile.