Season 1 ~ The Bathtub

I anxiously bit my nails and bounce my leg up and down, hoping the boys were safe and okay until I hear a car pull into the driveway of the Byers home.

We all rush out to see Lucas, Mike, and Dustin, along with the girl I had met in the forest a few nights ago.

"Dustin!" I say as I run over to him and give him the tightest hug as he wraps his arms around me. "We are never leaving each other again."

"Noted." He says, as we walk into the house.

"Mike!" Nancy says, pulling him into a hug. "I was so worried about you."

"Yeah," Mike sighs. "Me too."

Nancy grips Mike's shoulders as she looks over at the small girl. "Is that my dress?"
===
"Okay," Mike says, showing us about the place called the 'Upside down' that he learned about from Eleven and my old science teacher Mr. Clarke. "So, in this example, we're the acrobat. Will and Barbra, and that monster, they're the flea. And this is the Upside Down, where Will is hiding. Mr. Clarke said the only way to get there is through a rip of time and space."

"A gate." Dustin says.

"That we tracked to Hawkins lab." Lucas pipes in.

"With our compasses." Dustin shrugged.

There was a long pause between everyone until Dustin pipes up again. "Okay, so the gate has a really strong electromagnetic field, and that can change the directions of a compass needle."

"Is this gate underground?" Hopper asks the boys.

"Yes." Eleven says.

"Near a large water tank?" He asks her with an eyebrow raise.

"Yes." She nods.

"How do you know all that?" Dustin asks Hopper.

"He's seen it." I whisper, eyes widening in realization.

"Is there any way that you could... that you could reach Will?" Joyce asks Eleven. "That you could talk to him in this—"

"The Upside Down." Eleven says softly.

"Down. Yeah." Joyce nodded.

Eleven nods and Joyce lets out a sigh as Jonathan rubs her shoulders.

"And my friend Barbra?" Nancy asks. "Can you find her, too?"
===
Surrounding the kitchen table, we anxiously wait as Eleven sits with a walkie talkie and a the picture of Barb from the party and one of Will the party  had given us, set out on the table in front of her, a static noise coming from the walkie-talkie.

The light above the small table starts to flicker as I pick at my fingers, waiting for something to happen.

Eleven opens her eyes and looks at us with a look of sadness.

"I'm sorry." She whispers, locking eyes with me across the table.

"What's wrong?" Joyce asks, clutching Jonathan's hand that rested on her shoulder. "What happened?"

"I can't find them."
===
"Whenever she uses her powers, she gets weak." Mike explained as we all sat around the kitchen table, waiting for the young girl to come back from the bathroom