Fifty-Three

𝐈𝐧 𝐋𝐨𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐞𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐲 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐧 𝐌𝐜𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐫𝐲❤️
𝟏𝟗𝟔𝟖-𝟐𝟎𝟐𝟏

*****

Amelia was sitting in the manor. She looked up as Narcissa walked in. She smiled. "Morning mother. How are you?" She asked.

Narcissa smiled. "I'm okay. I know you're missing Ivy. But the best thing is that she stays with Severus. She will be safe there. No one knows she exists. She is safe. I promise you."

Amelia sighed. "I know that. But she is my daughter. And it's not fair that Severus is the one keeping her safe. It's not fair that I can't hold her. Or tell her that I love her," she mumbled.

Narcissa held her daughter close. She couldn't imagine going through what Amelia was. She looked at her. "I promise that you will get through this. And you will see her again."

"Thank you. For always being there for me."

"My dear. I will always be there for you. You're my daughter and I love you endlessly. If I died tonight, I would be glad to have had you as my daughter," Narcissa said as she walked off.

Amelia smiled. She knew that her mother was her hero. Her best friend.

****

Severus looked up as Amelia walked in. She sighed. "I want to see Ivy," she told him as she looked at him.

Severus nodded. He walked into his chambers and brought out Ivy. Amelia took her into her arms and held her close. "I know my darling. You don't know who I am," she mumbled.

Severus looked over at the two of them. He smiled. "She does know who you are. I make sure I tell her about you every night. She knows how much you love her."

Amelia smiled through the tears. "I've never thanked you. For taking care of her. She is my everything. And like my mother said, if I died today, I would be glad to have had her as my daughter," she said.

Severus walked over to the two of them. He took Amelia's hand and looked at her. "You are an amazing mother. Despite the circumstances. I know you love her more than you've ever loved anyone."

Amelia nodded. "Like you said before. She is our precious treasure. And I would lay my life on the line for her. And... I'd give up everything for you."

"Amelia."

"Hear me out. Severus. I love you. I loved you from the moment I knew that I was keeping Ivy. I'm willing to give up everything for you. My family. My academic career. All I want is for you and me to raise our daughter together. I love you Severus. And I can't imagine a life without you," Amelia said.

Severus said nothing. Amelia sighed. "Say you love me back. Please. Say you love me and I will be yours. You me and our daughter. Say it."

Severus knew he loved her too. She had replaced Lily and he was grateful for that. "Amelia... I can't love you. This war is complicated. And it isn't fair that I make a promise to you like that. When I don't even know if I will survive this."

Amelia nodded. "Thank you. You helped me make my mind up. It's clear me loving you isn't enough. So my mind has been made up."

"Amelia?"

Amelia shook her head. She handed Ivy back to him. "I'll see you soon," she said as she walked off.

But Severus had no idea how Amelia was going to take Ivy from him and disappear.

****
Authors Note;
I'm absolutely heartbroken over the news about Helen McCrory. She was an amazing actress. The passion she had was incredible.
The Harry Potter franchise lost a queen.

Rest in Eternal Paradise Helen💔