Chapter 18

♤⚔ ♤⚔ ♤⚔

The day after next is when everything happens.

Harry is with Liam and Niall as they both try to comfort him, until a startling scream comes from above. "Ship ahead!"

There have been times when ships have been close, and nothing comes of it, but they all stand on guard just in case. Niall tugs Harry down to his secret location in the kitchens, waiting it out as they listen for any sign of fighting from above. It feels like an eternity has passed, Harry mistaking the quiet for nothing to fear until he's proven wrong.

"Fight!"

The single action is yelled by Louis, as the entire crew of men cheer back in unison. Harry's never been onboard during a battle, except for the time that he was taken. The sound of metal clanging together is piercing, even below, causing Harry to cover his ears with his hands. The Beta gives the Omega a concerned look, but neither dare leaves their spot.

Eventually, men come tumbling down the stairs, some held up in combat, some searching around. Harry dips his head lower until he hears, "Find my Omega!"

And that...that is Dante's voice.

It dawns upon Harry what has arisen and when he realizes that men are losing their lives over this, he stands up immediately. He doesn't want anyone to fight over him. He doesn't want anyone to die over him. The Alpha spots him instantly, staring unsurely at Harry until the smirk that had burned itself into Harry's dreams, takes over his face.

"Harry – my mate. I have come for you."

A chill of horror cascades across Harry's skin, and Niall grips onto the Omega's leg in an attempt to stop him, but he goes towards Dante despite it all. Louis didn't want him anyway, right? With Louis taking the Omega back to his kingdom, this would have been his outcome anyway. Right back into the Italian Prince's arms.

Once within his reach, Dante grabs Harry firmly by the hair, and snaps, "You have been a bad Omega, but I'm going to take you home now, where you belong."

Forcing Harry to walk to the upper deck with him, Harry is guided towards the edge of the ship where the other boat is positioned. It seems people are so caught up in the combat, that no one has noticed the Omega Prince being dragged away. At least it'll be over soon.

"Oi! Where do you think you're taking him?"

Dante whirls around at the question, "Oh Captain Will Tommo, I presume? How nice of you to show. I'm afraid I cannot stay, however, I only came to collect what belongs to me. We'll be on our way now."

"I don't give a single fuck what you think, you are not leavin' this ship with him."

"And why is that?"

"Because he's my Omega," Louis yells just as he leans forward to swipe at Dante. When the weapon eases in, Dante uses Harry's body to shield him, causing Louis to miss his aim. The Alpha captain growls, and the Alpha Prince snarls, but Harry - he's basking in the fact that Louis called the Omega his. But...this is not the right time nor place to be fantasizing about their lives together, Harry realizes, or all their future children.

Get it together you fool, Harry internally screams.

Returning back to the situation at hand, the Omega makes a connection he hadn't put together prior. This is exactly like his final dream he had two nights ago. Exactly the same predicament where Harry is being held by Dante, and Louis has to rescue them both. But Harry learned something important from that dream, he learned something truly valuable, and something he's going to always keep in mind for any future situations.

Harry has to save himself.

The two Alphas are yelling at one another, Louis with his sword up to attack, Dante with his body protected by Harry's. Using the element of surprise, the Omega moves in one graceful motion, whipping from the Italian Prince's grip until his elbow collides with the Prince's face. Harry must thank Liam for that move, it's the only one he was taught after the Port Royal fiasco.

"Ouch, you fucking cunt! Who do you think you are to touch me like that," Dante screams as he covers his bloody nose. With his other hand, he reaches out to choke Harry's neck, but before his fingers have a chance to grip, Louis' sword eliminates them by cutting at his wrist.

"Touch him again, and I will not hesitate to cut off your other hand," Louis warns coldly.

Dante drops to his knees, clutching his injuries to himself as he screams, "Ah! Fuck! He was fucking promised to me, I will not fucking tolerate this!"

"Then prepare to die," Louis threatens, grabbing his sword tightly. The Alpha Prince gulps at the sight of the blade in front of him, and stands up in pain, "Fine! But this is the one time I'm letting you get away with taking something that is mine. The next time you do, it'll be your life on the line," Dante vows before blowing a whistle and stepping off. Within ten minutes the men have retreated, and their ship is pulling away.

Harry almost feels eased by their retreat. Almost.

♤⚔ ♤⚔ ♤⚔