Chapter 23: You Did What?

#70

Sins of our Past!
If there's anything more worst than any damn thing you think is the worst is, the sins of our past.
They come beckoning, recalling, reminding and many times hurting us in such brutal unimaginable ways that we feel we might die. We feel that death is the best way out, the best thing that could happen to us at that juncture of time.

But, it isn't. Our Past will always be a part of who we are. We just need to decide whether or not to make it a part of our Present and Future too!

The choice will always be yours, only yours to make.

~ Aavya, a year after the terrible accident.

❋❋❋

" Is my hair okay?"

" Miher, you're acting like some model who is about to go on stage." Aavya giggled as she was pushing through the crowd to find her friends. 
She felt fit to get approval from her friends before moving to her parents. She scooted through the crowd to find the bunch chatting by Kyra's gallery. Aavya took a moment to appreciate how talented her friend was. Her work was amazing and by far the best one she had ever done.

As she joined the group which she noticed was sans Aman and Rose as usual and now they were beginning to not acknowledge their absence anymore. Everyone fell silent in an awkward sort of way by the arrival of a new member.

" Don't creep him out, you guys!" Aavya chided and they tried to smile so to exchange the necessary greetings.

" Okay! So, I would like you all to meet Miher, he is my new friend..." and everyone indulged in feigning a cough which was thrown by harsh scorn on her behalf. They stopped abruptly. Typical friends.

" And this is Ayan, one of my big brothers. The other one is always MIA. This is Kyle and her fiancée Naomi. This is Zeehan and Kyra. Zee's sister Rose is also nowadays MIA for reasons known to only her and dearest almighty.
This pretty gallery is done by Kyra... " Kyra beamed at the mention of her name.

She can't deny the fact that she was indeed proud of her work tonight. And many guests had met with her to discuss her availability on assisting them in their projects. It wasn't so bad after all, taking a helping hand from a friend.

" Yes, so Miher... What do you do?" Ayan is now the protective brother.

" Oh! He's gonna be a doctor." Aavya answered before he would.

" Okay..." Ayan drawled, clearly irritated at his sister for jumping in.

" So you will be a doctor, you're not one yet? " He asked looking at Miher so as to leave no doubts about who was supposed to answer his question but no one can compete with Aavya, can they?

" He most definitely is but they have this mandatory internship they're supposed to complete. " Ayan was flushed now.

" Aavya, I do believe it is he who is a doctor and not you. Let the man speak!"

" Oh... I get it now. I did not invite him here to get himself interrogated and most definitely not to be looked upon as someone who you guys can scrutinize upon..."

" Hey... I was just engaging in a conversation... "

" Yes. I could see. Let's go. Mumma and Pappa will be better than this lot... " She pulled Miher's hand.

" Aavya wait... " Miher said but she was persistent, he mouthed a sorry to the guys while everyone was just watching casually.

" Yea. Try them. " Ayan shouted while the others took a breath and sipped their drinks.