⤷ 13| DUMBLEDORE'S ARMY

chapter thirteen : Dumbledore's Army

☆ ☆ ☆

Seeing Charlie again had improved June's mood significantly. On top of that, Umbridge had informed her that she was allowed to reform the Gryffindor Quidditch Team once more.

The weather, however, didn't seem to cooperate. When June, Angelina, Alicia and Katie went down to the Quidditch pitch for practice, they were soaked through within minutes, their feet slipping and sliding on the sodden grass. The sky was a deep, thundery grey and it was a relief to gain the warmth and light of the changing rooms.

"All right, everyone, listen up," June said loudly, as soon as everyone sat down. "I know it's not ideal weather, but there's a chance we'll be playing Slytherin in conditions like this so it's a good idea to work out how we're going to cope with them. Harry, do you know the spell I did on your glasses when we played Hufflepuff two years ago?"

Harry nodded, took off his glasses, pulled out his wand and tapped his glasses. "Impervius!"

"I think we all ought to try that," June said, looking around at her fellow teammates. "If we could keep the rain off our faces it would really help visibility — all together, come on — Impervius! OK. Let's go."

They all stowed their wands back in the inside pockets of their robes, shouldered their brooms and followed June out of the changing rooms.

They squelched through the deepening mud to the middle of the pitch; visibility was still very poor even with the Impervius Charm; light was fading fast and curtains of rain were sweeping the grounds.

"All right, on my whistle," June shouted, bringing the whistle to her lips.

The team kicked off from the ground, spraying mud in all directions, and shot upwards, the wind pulling them slightly off course. For a mere second, June didn't know how to train in weather like this. How was Harry supposed to see the Snitch? Let alone catch it? She quickly banned the thoughts out of her mind and narrowed her eyes in determination. She would not back down. They would win from Slytherin.

And so, June managed to motivate the team for almost an hour before conceding defeat. The wind had picked up and rain was pouring even harder. She led her sodden and disgruntled team back into the changing rooms, insisting that the practice had not been a waste of time, though she wasn't very sure about that anymore.

"The weather killed us," Angelina told her, as the four girls were showering. "I hope it will be much better when we play Slytherin. You couldn't even see the Bludger coming towards you."