21.

Harmony "Mook" Santana

I was laying down on my bed and staring at the ceiling. Tears fell down my face as I silently cried and thought about momma. I can't believe somebody had the audacity to kill our mother, them mothafuckas got balls, BIG ONES. My hands clenched into fist as my breathing began getting heavy. The more I thought about momma the more I wanted to get avenge her death.

"Fuck." I mumbled to myself picking up my phone from my bedside table and calling my Uncle Tao.

"Hello." He said I could hear music blasting in the background.

"U-Uncle T-Tao they killed her. They killed our momma." I cried into the phone.

I heard the music shut off before hearing my uncle sniffling and breathing heavy. "What the fuck you talking about? I just talked to my sister yesterday Harmony." He yelled into the phone as his voice cracked with each word.

"W-We went home lastnight, Red found her and screamed. I was grabbing shit from my car when I ran in I seen momma laying on the floor bloody and bruised up. On the wall it said 'An Eye for An Eye -KJ' then we burned the house down." I said quietly into the phone.

"We should've never had y'all kill Sleepy son none of this shit would be going down." He said clearly irritated at the situation.

"It would've. Either it be his son or his nephew it would've went down." I sighed before sitting up on my bed.

"Where's Red?" He asked.

"She should be in her room. Last time I checked on her she was sleep." I said leaning my back against my headboard and looking around my room.

"How are you feeling? Like really really feeling." He said.

"Empty, Numb, Drained." I stated as a tear fell down my face.

"We gone find out what the initials KJ stand for." He said trying to boost my mood.

"We don't need you guys to do anything. Me and Karmen can handle this, and this time we'll try not to statt a war." I stated through gritted teeth before hanging up. I got off my bed and walked downstairs.

"Hi Pooh." Nique said standing up from the couch and walking over to me.

"Hi." I said before the tears started flowing again.

"Hey, I got you." Nique said before wrapping her arms around me.

We sank down to the bottom of the steps as sob after sob left my mouth. I can't do this. I'm trying to be strong, but when is someone gonna be strong for me? When will I have a shoulder to cry on? I gripped Nique's shirt as my sobs grew louder.

"Why does something bad always happen to us?" I asked Nique once I calmed down.

"God gives the toughest battle to his strongest soldiers, and you sis are strong. Both you, and Red are the strongest females I know. Y'all done been through some shit plus y'all some bad bitches with a dose of crazy." She said making me laugh a little.