50

Third person's pov

Addison stood in front of the botanical gardens, spamming her dad with texts. She was beyond annoyed. She just stood up and by her own father too.

She let out a breath, running a hand through her hair. Emily was by her legs, behind them. She wanted to go see the flowers. So bad.

"Please mommy?" Emily whined.

"Just hold on. Grandpa should be here any minute." Addison whispered, trying to call him now. It went straight to voicemail, making her even more pissed off.

Meanwhile Xavier was in his car, waiting for his dad to respond to his text. He was beyond annoyed. He was told the entire family was coming here. They were over an hour late. He got tired waiting outside so he got into his car.

He was about to leave when he saw a brown headed figure walking inside. He eyed the person, confused. The person looked a lot like someone he knew.

Xavier got out of the car, locking it and jogging towards the girl. He frowned.

"Addison?" He yelled, making the girl stop. She turned around and their eyes met. Her eyes widened. He walked over to her, stopping a couple feet away from her.

"What are you doing here?" She asks, confused.

"I was supposed to meet my family here." He says, looking at his phone.

"Weird. I was supposed to meet my dad here. He's not answering my calls or texts. You?" She asks, raising an eyebrow.

"Calls went to voicemail. Texts went unanswered. How long have you been standing here?"

"For a good 20 minutes now. You?"

"A good hour now. Just thought they were running late, ya'know?" Addison nods, smiling. The little girl tugged on her pant sleeve, making Addison look down at her.

"I know, I know. You want to go see the flowers." She says, smiling. Xavier looked down at the little one.

"I'll see you around, Addison." Xavier says, feeling a pang of hurt in his heart. He turned around and started to walk away. He felt a little tug on his pant sleeve, stopping. He looked down at the little kid.

"You can join us if you want! I love flowers." The little girl says, smiling huge. A small smile went on his face. He looked at Addison, who slowly nodded. He looked back at the little girl.

"I would love to." He whispered, walking back with her to her mother.

--

Addison felt like she was a kid again. Feeling the carefree adventure. She had always wanted to have kids. To give them a good future and give them a good childhood. Where they could play with other kids. Where they didn't have to grow up as fast as she did. Where if they wanted, they didn't have to be in the mafia. They could do whatever they wanted to.

Xavier had a huge smile on his face. He felt happy being with the person he loved and the child he's growing to love. It wasn't like he didn't love the kid, because he did. He was growing to love the child like he would his own someday. He was happy. He hasn't been happy since the day his love left. Went away and didn't even say goodbye to him. He wasn't mad at her, per say. He knew she did it for the sake of Emily.

The two loved each other. Even if the other didn't know it.

Emily loved the flowers. She loved that Xavier told her all about them. She loved that her mom explained the butterflies she saw. She loved the entire experience. It was better than her real father ever gave her. She was happy that her mom was happy.

--

Xavier watched as Addison made a silly face at him. He made one back, making some of the other people look at him weird. She giggled, making Emily giggled. He laughed too, making a lot more people look at him weird. This caused the two girls to laugh at him, making people look at them in awe. Emily blushed and hid her face, due to embarrassment.

"You're silly." Emily said, once Xavier neared them. He smiled at her.

"That's a compliment." I say, smiling. She nods.

"It is." She says, giggling. Xavier sat the ice cream down in front of them. Emily took hers.

"What do you say, Em?" Addison asks, raising an eyebrow. Emily looked at Xavier, a small smile on her face.

"Thank you Xavier." She started to eat her ice cream.

"No problem, Em."

They all ate in silence. After a few minutes, Emily hopped down from the table and they both looked at her.

"Can I go play?" She asks, jumping up and down.

"Sure." Addison says, smiling at her. Emily squeals and runs over to the playground inside of graters. Xavier looked at Addison, who was wiping her face. Addison looked at him once she felt his stare. She raised an eyebrow, a small smirk formed on her face.

"I say this counts as our second date." Xavier said, confidently. Addison furrowed her eyebrows.

"Our second date?" She asks, confused.

"Yes. Our second date."

"What happened to the first and you asking me out?" She asks, making Xavier smirk.

"Well, the botanical gardens counted as one. Technically, two dates in one day. That's a new record for me. None of the girls I asked would go out with me." Xavier said, with a teasing smile.

"I don't think these counts as dates though." She says, confused. "I mean, I didn't even say yes."

"Yeah, you actually did. You said yes when Emily asked me to join you, then you said yes again when we came here." She narrowed her eyes. "I like you, Addison. A lot." Her eyes widened, making Xavier clamp his mouth shut.

"You- what?" Addison says, in shock.

"I like you, Addison Moretti. A lot. A lot more than a lot." Xavier whispered but she still heard it. It got quiet between the two of them.

Xavier's heart was pumping very fast. His palms were sweaty and he was nervous. He was so scared. He was pretty sure everyone in the ice cream parlor could hear his heart because of how fast it was.

Addison stared at Xavier. Anxiety coursing through her body. She didn't want to hurt the poor boy. Hell, she liked him too. A lot more than a lot. She loved him. Addison looked at Emily, seeing her go down the slide. She looked back at Xavier who was still staring at her.

"Do you want to go on another date with me? Without Emily? Not like I don't like her or anything but just us two. We could go to a restaurant. I could pay for it, obviously. If it doesn't go so well, you have my permission to not date me." He blurts out. "You leave soon too-"

"I would love to, Garcia." Addison says, cutting him off. He let out a breath.

"Oh thank fuck. I was worried I would have to drag you out but I wouldn't do that. I'm making a fool out of myself, aren't I?" He asks, shutting up. Addison nods, giggling.

So cute. Am I right?

I'm so sorry for not updating sooner. I had exams today and yesterday and I was stressed out. I have them again next week on Thursday and Friday. Sucks but what can you do? It's life.

I will try to get a chapter out by Sunday or earlier. Again, sorry for you keeping you guys waiting.

Have a good weekend or week. Have a good day or night!

Share. Comment. Vote.