M/n vs Todoroki

M/n POV:

Finally, I have just gotten my knife back after it was surgically removed from Bakugou's shoulder. I had to go to his ER room to pick it up. Fortunately, he was still unconscious from that fight earlier so I wouldn't have to worry about dealing with whatever nonsense he had to spout.

As I put the knife back into my belt pocket, I wondered the hallways until a crossed paths with someone. I had to look up considering that this guy was massive. Judging by his outfit, he must be a pro hero. It was a dark blue outfit with orange and flame accents. But perhaps the strangest and most odd thing about this guy was his beard. Could you even call that a beard? The thing was literally fire shaped as a beard for Mandalore's sake! Honestly it just seems a bit extra.

 Could you even call that a beard? The thing was literally fire shaped as a beard for Mandalore's sake! Honestly it just seems a bit extra

He looked down and seemed a bit surprised for a moment, but he quickly regained a blank face.

"Ah you're that Mandalorian that's been doing hero work and is currently competing in this year's Sports Festival. I must say I never that Mandalorians were still around in this day and age, when I heard someone quirkless was competing they lacked any of my interest. But to see you advance so far to the finals using only your wits and technology, I am impressed. That being said the fact that you made it to the finals changes my expectations. In you final match, your up against my son Shouto. I had honest expected for him to win this competition, but with you as his opponent I'm beginning to have doubts. Still, despite the result of the final match I am pleased," he then pulled a card out of his pocket and handed it to me, "I would like to personally offer you the consideration of interning at my Hero Agency. I'm certain it would be mutually beneficial for the both of us."

He then grabbed my hand, shaking it, "it was nice meeting you. I would love to know more about Mandalorian culture, should you choose to intern with my agency."

I then mumbled out a, "of course, thanks," as he walked away from where we were at. Once he was gone I looked at the card he gave me. It was a business card, on it was a picture of him as well as phone numbers, addresses, and the agency name, Endeavor Hero Agency. I then pulled my phone from my pocket and opened up Google. I then typed in 'who is Endeavor?'

Timeskip:

Alot of time has passed since my last match, now my match against Todoroki is about to begin. Apparently, he has a quirk that grants him control over fire and ice. The fire side coming from his father, who I just found out was the number 2 hero on the hero rankings chart. A very well accomplished hero despite some rather low approval ratings from the public. Still, it'll probably be a good idea to accept his offer.

As for his son, I have heard that he actually dislikes using his fire side. Although it may seem unlikely to face that fire of his, he unleashed out out of anger during his last round. I can't just say he'll not use that fire and be completely unprepared if he does use it.

But still, his quirk in itself seems like a loose cannon, you could never really predict what he might do with it. Meaning there really isn't a way for me to think of a plan against him. I'll just have to be highly aware and cautious when facing him. I'll also have to keep a defensive position against him.

While I was thinking, I began to head down to the arena and in no time I made it down there. As I entered, I was met with the open field alongside the cheers of an excited audience. Across from me stood my opponent.

"Are the two of you ready?" Midnight called out from where she was at.

We let her know that we were and she began a countdown.

"In three! Two! One! Begin!"

Immediately I started shooting at him with my blasters. However none of the blaster bolts hit him since he quickly made an ice wall to shield him. Right afterwards, he sent a massive torrent of ice right at me.

It quickly sped forward to me, so I quickly unsheathed my sword and began slashing at the ice as it got in front me

It quickly sped forward to me, so I quickly unsheathed my sword and began slashing at the ice as it got in front me. Slash after slash, chunks of ice flew off from the end of my blade. The pace of my strikes was enough to avoid getting struck by any incoming ice.

Unexpectedly to him, I quickly sidestepped to my right and began shooting at him. Once again he lifted an ice wall to shield him, but this time I ran at him while continuing to shoot a few shots. Once I was in front of his ice wall sliced it in half.

As the top half of his ice wall fell over, Todoroki looked up in shock as a jumped in front of him. Quickly, I thrusted my blade right at him which in turn pierced his shoulder a little. He grunted in pain but then I kicked him in his chest which knocked him back, freeing him from the end of my sword.

While that happened the crowd got extremely hyped up. As Todoroki got back to his feet he held his wound in pain. In turn I aimed right at him and blasted an electric shock at him. He barely managed to dodge it before he got hit by it.

However, he was completely unprepared for my next attack. I had ran to a relatively large chunk of ice and hooked it to the end of my grappling cable. Then, I swung it right at him like a type of mace. The chunk of ice hit him on the side and he stumbled back a bit.

I was about to swing it back at him but fire engulfed it, causing it to melt instantly. I looked at him to see that fire had ignited on his left side. He then blasted a line of fire right at me. As it went at me i shot right at with my own flamethrower. As fire met fire, it seemed as though it was perfect counter.

However, what I failed to anticipate was another torrent of ice coming out from all the smoke our fire created. I was caught off guard and the massive block of ice hit me right on my chest plate. Because of that I was being sent backwards until I regained my senses and began slicing at it. Unfortunately, by the time that happened it was too late.

"M/n is out of bounds! Todoroki wins!"

I looked down in shock only to see my foot right outside the boundary. I then looked at Todoroki. For a short few seconds he stood breathing heavily. But then he quickly fell to the ground, exhausted and unconscious.

Hm I guess it seems I was outsmarted, a well play I might say. It was also probably his only chance at beating my Judging by our current physical conditions.

A few hours later there was a large ceremony where the top three were given awards. Of course sice I was in 2nd place I was given a silver medal.