Part 46. Denial & Acceptance

Hi Everyone,

First of all, thank you for all the amazing comments you all have dropped on the previous chapter and second of all, I'm sorry for not updating last weekend. Unfortunately, this chapter was a very difficult chapter to write. I wanted to ensure I did justice to both Nandini and Manik's  thought process and it took a while for me to pen down both characters. I actually re-watched a few episodes of KYY, just to get the feel of the characters right. 

I hope you guys find this chapter well written and a nice read.

P.S. - A long chapter again!

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Nandini had finally calmed down and had also stopped crying. Manik kept hugging her tight for as long as she wanted. Finally, when she was coming back to her rational self, she let Manik go.

Manik - Feeling better?

Nandini - Hmmm.

Manik - Good. Ghar jaana hai?

Nandini - Hmmm. But I left my bag and my phone in the class.

Manik - It's okay. I'll go and get it.

Nandini - Hmmm.

Just then, Mukti and Alya walked in with a bottle of water and a couple of chocolate bars. Manik took the bottle of water and made Nandini have some. He then gave her the chocolate and asked her to finish it until he comes back with her stuff.

Nandini - No. I'm not hungry.

Manik - Eat it up. You'll feel better. And you cried so much right now. Weakness aa jayegi. Main bas abhi aaya. Mukti...

Mukti - Don't worry. We're here with her.

Manik smiled at her noting that she had caught onto what he was going to say. He went out of the classroom to find Cabir and Dhruv coming back.

Cabir - Sorry. Woh sick bay ka doctor pata nahi kahaan chala gaya hai. Humne kitna wait bhi kiya but he didn't come back. We thought we'll take Nandini to a doctor. Woh theek hai?

Manik - Haan she's better now. I'm taking her home.

Dhruv - Haan par Nandini kahaan hai?

Manik - She's inside with the girls. Tum log chalo mere saath.

Cabir - Kahaan?

Manik - I'm going to the science college. I need to find out about this professor.

Cabir - Professor? Kya hua?

Manik - She was having a small panic attack because she found herself alone with a professor in a classroom.

Cabir - Kuch kiya kya uske professor ne?

Manik - Pata nahi. But that's what I want to find out. Did this happen because of her trauma from the past or if this professor is actually a creep? I can't take this lightly. Especially after what happened last time.

Cabir - I agree.

All three of them rushed into the science college. Manik first decided to go to Nandini's classroom to pick her things and then look for the professor. When they reached the classroom, they saw a professor sitting in. Manik entered and started picking up Nandini's things which had fallen on the floor and put them in her bag. The professor saw him do that and asked him.

Professor - Hey. I think this stuff belongs to one of my students. Who are you?

Manik then realised that this was the same professor who Nandini had run out on. Maybe this was the best opportunity to speak with him. It was also a good opportunity to let him know that he was Nandini's boyfriend and he better not mess with her.

Reality Ever Afterजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें