2.Camille's Past

'Why is he here?!' as I looked at him I saw that he had a sword which was attached to his belt, why the hell is he carrying that!??

'Is he going to kill me because of what the Emperor said earlier, or is it that he doesn't like me at all!??'

"Why did you support me in front of the emperor?" he said while glaring at me.

"W-what?...... Ahh... I-I....uhh..." I started taking a few steps behind, I was scared to death.

And while I took some steps behind he took some steps forward.

"Why are you striding backward? answer my question."

He started taking faster steps towards me.

'Because I don't want to die
of course!!'
" N-no reason r-really "

"Then why are you moving away from me?"

I was so anxious to this point that without thinking another thought I ran away from there.

Then Callisto started chasing me.

I ran so hard for my life, I took a left then a right but this damn maze-like library!! I couldn't seem to find the exit!!

And then when I took a left I saw that it was a dead-end. When I peeked behind I could see Callisto coming towards me with a frown on his face.

'I'm so screwed!! if he kills me here, no one will be able to find my body. I will rot here all my life. And it'll be all thanks to that useless Emperor and this psycho!! I didn't even get to meet Penelope and today is the day I die!!?? What the hell! Why didn't the author give this character some brains??!'

'F*ck he's here....'
'Should I climb up the shelves.......'

THUD THUD THUD

By the time I was thinking Callisto was right in front of me with a frown on his face. I was so scared that my body lost its balance and dropped down on the floor. I started trembling like a fool.

Callisto bowed towards me and said while glaring at me,
"I'll ask you one more time, why did you support me in front of the emperor earlier?"

I shut my eyes and blurted out loudly," I...I...I said that because you are strong, reliable, skilled at everything you do, you're feelings never cloud your judgment, you're quick in decision-making and I think that this empire needs someone like you to lead them to furthermost glory!"

"......"

I slowly opened my eyes and Callisto is still silent.
After a while, he said by giving an evil smirk," You remind me of a girl who speaks sh*t when she is nervous."

"...!"

Then he got up and turned around and said, "From next time, don't run away from me, I don't like chasing people around."

After saying that he left the library, I was blank.
'Am I still alive.........Callisto didn't kill me?'
When I came back to my senses I ran outside the library and quickly returned to Camille's palace.

******************

After I came back escaping hell, I returned to Camille's palace, my first mission was to understand Camille's past so I called lucy inside the room and said," Lucy, how many years have you been working in the royal palace?"

At that moment, Lucy was surprised and her eyes were teary, "p-princess what are you saying? I've been by your side since when you were 4 years old. It has been 16 years that I'm with you. Have you already forgotten about the childhood days you spent with me!!??"