12: CougarTown

Thank you all for sticking with me after the long time it took for me to update. I had a friend pass away from an overdose at the end of February and I took some time off. Alas, I am back, and ready for more fun to come!

XOXO Ally Layne

---

The recovery was smooth.

Luckily the boys were able to get Persie out of the hospital quick enough so she could heal herself with what Dean referred to as her "fishy powers." She refused to try and do that in the view of doctors, as the last thing she wanted was to be locked up and studied for the rest of her life.

The Winchesters, for their part, understood her hesitation.

And they also understood her hesitation to tell her Uncle Bobby just what happened on the hunt, and the three decided to keep her hospital visit a little secret between themselves.

"Does this mean we're some sort of secret alliance, now?" Persie asked them as they drove through the night after another lead that Sam had ready as soon as she was healed.

Dean snorted. "Don't know what you mean."

She popped her fruit-punch flavored tootsie pop in her mouth and rolled her eyes before moving the large sucker to the side as it bulged in her cheek. "Well, when people share secrets, they normally have to form an alliance with each other."

Sam looked back at her with an odd look. "And who told you that?"

Persie shrugged as she pulled the sucker out of her mouth with a loud "pop."

He rolled his eyes and turned to face the front, but she caught Dean's smirk through the rearview mirror. "What?"

Dean's smirk widened. "You like sucking on that?"

She blinked. "Excuse me while I'm trying to answer the long-sought-after question of how many licks it takes to get to the center of a tootsie pop."

Sam snorted into the water bottle he was drinking.

"As long as you excuse me when I try to answer the question of how many licks it will take me to get to the center of you," Dean said seductively.

Sam face palmed while Persie pulled the sucker out of her mouth again.

"Boo! That was definitely a 1 out of 10, 10 most likely to get in my pants," she announced, gestures and all.

He laughed. "That was at least a two."

She shrugged. "I've heard two's that were far better than that, Winchester."

Dean let out a low huff, before giving her a wink through the rearview mirror, a twinkle shining in his green eyes. "I'll show you two, sweetheart."

Persie snorted, popping the sucker back in her mouth as she raised her brows at him, putting her hands out in a "prove it" gesture.

"You're going to wish you didn't do that," Sam warned her, but she smiled secretly at the man as Dean was distracted during the drive.

There was something going on between the brothers, and she had known since the day they left the hospital. Dean was mad about something that Sam must've done, and he was going to explode about it sooner or later.

She just hoped it would be when she wasn't in the impala, too.

"She's going to wish she didn't do what, Sam?" Dean asked, something sounding prickly in the innocent question.

The younger Winchester looked over at his brother, who had tensed in his hold on the wheel. "Uh..."

"Just like I wish you wouldn't keep going around and ignoring every damned thing I keep tellin' you!"