𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲-𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

CHAPTER THIRTY-THREE:WE HAVE TO DESTROY IT

WE HAVE TO DESTROY IT

SALEM HELD TIGHTLY ONTO WANDA'S hand as they entered the place that she hadn't been to since everything went down two years ago. Wanda glanced at her girlfriend before bring Salem's hands up to her lips and placing a gentle kiss to her hand in hopes of reassuring her.

     They stopped in the doorway upon seeing Rhodey talking with a hologram version of Secretary Ross. "Mr. Secretary." Steve spoke up first, making Rhodey and Ross turn to look at the group. The hologram narrowed his eyes as he looked at Steve, taking a few steps forwards towards the man.

     "You got some nerve. I'll give you that." Ross told them, his eyes glancing between Natasha and Steve.

     "You could use some of that right now." Natasha simply answered him.

     "The world's on fire. And you think, all is forgiven?" The man seethed. Salem wanted to punch the hologram in the face, but instead she just squeezed Wanda's hand a little tighter to calm herself.

     "I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking for permission. Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight." Steve simply told him. He then took a step towards the man, daring him to do something. "And if you wanna stand in our way. . . we'll fight you, too."

     Ross looked at Steve before glancing over the rest of the fugitives before turning his head towards Rhodey and pointing towards them. "Arrest them."

     "All over it." Rhodey nodded his head before making the hologram disappear. There was a moment of silence before Rhodey turned to face them. "That's a court-martial. It's great to see you, Cap." Steve stepped forward and the two hugged.

     "You too, Rhodey." He pulled away and then Natasha was next to step forward, she and Rhodey sharing a hug with one another as well before she pulled away. Salem offered the man a small smile from her spot to which Rhodey returned.

     "Well. You guys really look like crap. Must've been a rough couple of years." Rhodey told them. Salem scoffed, though a small smile was on her lips.

     "Yeah, well, the hotels weren't exactly five star." Sam told the man, adjusting his hold on Vision.

     "Uh, I think you look great." The voice of Bruce Banner entered the room, making all of them turn their heads towards the man. He stood there unsurely, his hands in his pockets. "Yeah. I'm back."

     "Hi Bruce." Natasha spoke up, her eyebrows furrowed slightly.

     "Nat." Bruce nodded his head. Salem darted her eyes between the two for a moment, cocking her head slightly as she watched the slightly uncomfortable interaction.

     "This is awkward." Sam muttered. They all moved to a different room in the facility, and Salem stood side by side with Wanda, standing behind of the girl as she wrapped her arms around Wanda's waist with her head on Wanda's shoulder as she stared blankly at a spot on the floor.