Chapter 1

Third person pov

Kakashi woke up gasping and sputtering for air in a bed he hadn't slept in since he was around thirteen years old or so, if not younger. The rock-hard mattress was a painful reminder to his back just how little he'd actually cared for himself when he was younger. His self-image issues brought on by the death of his father had left him caring less about his own comfort and more about his efficiency as a shinobi. He had forced himself to sleep like a literal corpse on his back at this age, deciding that was what was best for his hips, knees, and spine. True, but what about his mental health? His clinical depression dictated that rolling around all night until he eventually ended up summoning his ninken to snuggle with was the best course of action.

Being in this younger body of his was... odd, to say the least. He was sort of at a loss as to what to do. The whole 'hey, we fucked up our time travelling crusade, so you get to go back even further and fix it by yourself' was sorta sprung on him out of nowhere. Understandable, but honestly, why not send someone like Orochimaru back? He was effective enough last time Kakashi had checked. Though he seemed... fruitier than he had been in the past. At least he'd be an adult right now, in his prime and not stuck in a body the size of an oompa loompa. He didn't even want to lift up his waistband and check downstairs. He already knew Kakashi Jr. wasn't up to par yet. What a miserable existence. That was okay. Making Obito fall in love with him wouldn't rely on that... hopefully. Come to think of it, what was he even into? He should've asked and taken some notes before leaving. 

Kurama let out a deep groan somewhere in the back of Kakashi's head, nearly causing the silver-haired nin to tip over. Right. He'd sorta already forgotten about that part. He wondered how he was supposed to deal with having a voice in his head. He guessed it didn't matter. Naruto spoke to the Kyuubi out loud not caring how fucking insane he looked. Kakashi could just cite his dormant schizophrenia and say it had awakened. He was sure it was in there somewhere.

"There's no dormant schizophrenia in here." Kurama grumbled out, drooping like a soggy potato chip. Time travelling one time had been hard enough. To do it a second time so soon after made him feel like he was going to pass out and never wake back up. Maybe that wasn't the worst thing considering he was stuck in a porn-reading weirdo who liked to spend his days moping at some dumbass stone covered in the names of dead people. He missed that blonde idiot already. He was going to demand Kakashi put him back the second the brat was born. Then he could give Naruto back his memories. Maybe. The kid might go and fuck things up again, and then he'd have to repeat all this over again.

"The more you know!" Kakashi chirped, bringing a hand up to his pounding head. How old was he? The vest laying out at the end of his bed ready to be put on told him he was still a chunin at the very least. That meant that Obito was undoubtedly still alive. Excellent news. He wondered what he should do first. He had no idea what day it was or if they had training. Past him was always early. He wasn't super sure he could stand that. Being at least an hour late to everything no matter its importance was one of his main personality traits.

"Personality trait? I think you mean result of your trauma." Kurama scoffed. Kakashi shrugged. Same difference. "Whatever. I'm going to sleep. You're on your own."

"So polite and supportive." Kakashi cooed at the fox. He wished he had some Icha Icha right now. In this time, Jiraiya hadn't even started the first issue. Thinking about that fact alone was enough to nearly send him into cardiac arrest. What kind of world was one without Icha Icha paradise? Kakashi could hardly fathom. He supposed he did have bigger things to worry about. Naruto's time travel had been such a colossal flop that the pressure was on for Kakashi to really, really not fuck up. He probably should've been more worried about that. All he could feel was tired.