Chapter 8: Death Drink

I felt nervous, well, that was the an understatement of the century.

Sedricks friends, were they all vampires? 

And when he said friends, did that mean that his friends were the same as what Julian was, not friends with him at all because he manages to get under everybodies skin and that they wanted to drink me dry to get back at Sedrick?

Levi and Maddy held hands as they walked, it was awquard, I never thought that a couple could love each other as much as my own parents had, they were basically the definition of love but then Maddy and Levi just looked at each other with pure love, wonder and excitement...

They were soulmates, is that what its supposed to be like?

I know Levi is a werewolf and that Maddy is a human but isn't that better then a human to vampire relationahip because werewolves don't have to drink another  persons blood to stay alive?

If I feel anything towards Malik then its more of a feeling of hate and disgust.

We continued walking, the led us back to the garage that I had been in when they abducted me, I shuddered from the memory, and they got into a a truck that had two seats in the front and then three in the back.

Maddy got in the front passenger seat, Levi got in the drivers seat and then me and Sedrick got in the back seat, me going in first, moving over to the window seat and then Sedrick followed me, sitting at the other seat, leaving a seat between us.

"Do you want me to go and pick up Serena on the way?" Levi asked Sedrick once he'd pulled out of the garage.

"Hmm...Sure, Maddy, could you pass me the scarf in the glove box?" he replied.

"Sure." she replied with her chirpy voice. I heard some suffling around and then she passed the scarf back to Sedrick.

"Thanks." he said to her and then to me, "Look, we're gonna go and get Serena. She's a vampire and so you might wanna wear this around your neck, it'll stop her from spotting the cut and then calling Malik. Malik, well lets just say that he won't be happy." he said and then held out the scarf for me.

I took it and then wound it around my neck, scared of the consequences that might happen if Malik finds out about it.

I stared out the window, thinking about who Serena was and if she would hurt me because I'm a human. 

Outside, it was mostly trees and countryside from what I could tell in the dark but then there was the occasional mansion that was lit up with lights, all full of monsters.

It was only then that I realised that we were in a car with normal windows, last time the car they had brought me in had blacked out windows for the vampire driver Alistar, but this time because Levi was driving the could use normal un-tinted widows.

It suprised me actually, I'd always just thought of my kidnappers to be vampires, nobody else but like Levi and Maddy, there was always other species.

Levi slowed the car down and stopped outside a mansion and began beeping the car to alert the people inside.

A girl that I could barely make out the appearance of because it was dark, came running over to the car.

"Hey Levi, what's up?" she asked when Levi wound down the drivers window.

"Hey Serena, do you wanna go with us to 'The Moon'?" he replied, confusing me by saying the moon.

"Sure." she used vampire speed and opened the passenger door that Sedrick was sat beside, he moved over to me causing me to blush by the closeness. "Hey who's the human?" she asked, spotting me.