11. Call Me Fraud

It was a few days later when the Alpha returned.

Angelina had been in the midst of reading through a stanza of poetry when something in her peripheral moved. Perched on her window settee, she glanced down to the opening of trees that spread wide and continued in endless shades of greens throughout the Pack.

She spotted the familiar sepia wolf dart through the wide opening of the trees with long, quick leaps.

It was midday and the sun cast a faint amber light on the big beast. The wolf moved swiftly like a propelled dart before it slowed to a slow amble, bathing in the sunlight. Each line of muscle on its legs tensed as the wolf prowled closer to the Pack House in languid strides.

As soon as he shifted, Angelina glanced back at the forgotten book between her palms. She had mixed feelings knowing that he was back. When she spared a glance down, the man was dressed in a black shirt and light shaded trousers. She'd forgotten about their clothing trick. He was greeted by Drake who immediately engaged him in a conversation of low whispers as they strode inside.

Angelina wondered where he had gone. She tried eavesdropping when she had taken trips out of her bedroom to the kitchen for food, but no one seemed to deem his whereabouts as something exciting to talk about, or maybe they were aware that she hovered close by.

She wasn't too sure but after her outing with Riley, she decided that the inside of her temporary room was better than venturing outside into the Pack. Riley hadn't tried to usher her out again. Angelina was content staying inside, flicking through books Dani dropped off whenever she checked up on her.

No one was treating her bad but there was still that lingering tension as soon as she stepped into a room.

She already finished eating a few crackers with slices of cheese, tomatoes, and ham. Her belly growled, not satiated by the snack. She was too lazy to pop downstairs to retrieve anything to stuff in her mouth. She just wanted to stay tucked under the comfortable throw, enjoying the sunbeams on her face.

Angelina read half-way through her book before a knock vibrated against the door. She eyed the door with confusion. She was wary as she didn't expect company. She carefully placed her book against the floor and approached the door, twisting the cold knob, and pushing it open.

Mason.

His hair was damp and he smelt like soap and spearmint. Droplets dripped from the end of his locks, soaking his white shirt that fitted his torso like second skin. He flashed a small but tired smile that did weird things to her belly. "Hey."

"Uh hey...you're back." Angelina stated the obvious. She inwardly cringed. It wasn't normal for her to get tongue twisted but this clean smelling male was jumbling her thoughts with his closeness.

"Can I come in?" He asked.

"It's your house. You can do whatever you want."

"We gave you this room to use. I don't expect you to let me in if you don't want to. We can talk outside if you want." He still hovered at the threshold, watching her closely.

Angelina furrowed her brows, "That's quite hospitable of you." She was genuinely surprised. She hadn't expected to be given as much privacy as she had been offered.

In fact, no one had been intrusive or demanding of her presence. She was practically free to roam around but she didn't want to cause too much havoc in the Pack. She already caught whispers of people talking about a mysterious guest the Alpha kept holed up in the Pack House.

"You'll find that I'm more than just the big bad Alpha."

"People actually call you that?"

His lips stretched wider, somewhat making him look sinister "No, they call me much worse."