00. PRELUDE

i want to curl up memories as if they were flower beds and place them in your careful hands.

i want to laugh with you everytime your feet start to sink in the soft ocean sand.

i want to send you postcards from every place on earth i have ever walked, so that you can still feel my presence once i am gone.

the road signs outside your home will tell you to stop, think, but i have learned that life is like the foam of the ocean wave, it never stops and never will.

so while you and i are here, let me take you someplace above the clouds, a place the sun and the moon talk about. let me take you to the place from where you can see children's hands stretching up to the sky from the ferris wheel,
let me take you to my daydreams.

let me show you the world as orion sees.

i want this collection of poetry to feel like sunshine that rushes past the treetops of a dense evergreen forest; and that could be contradicting since it's called "orion", the most prominent star of the night sky

but to me, it's more about what orion makes you feel. the warmth. the feelings of getting on a train in the dewy morning as the crisp air hits your face, and you're not in a rush and you're not worried about life, that is what i want orion to feel like.

i want to explore feelings and their intricacies, the beauty that is embedded in human relations, and platonic love and friendships; and the pain that comes with saying goodbyes- forever or for a while & the nostalgia over how different life was a few years ago.

i often find my heart dreaming down those familiar roads & i wished, no, i ached to write the poetry that my soul hums to me every once in a while when we are alone. i was compelled to orchestrate these stories into one whole by inking the stars that stitch my sky on these pages.

the plot-lines of the poetries are all different, and here is how my mind sees it :

(i) cordelia's story:
-cordelia,
-the ride to the other station, &
-a daedalian masterpiece.

(ii) the trilogy of a time traveller:
-a perfect hoax,
-where iʼll be, &
-stars that stitch my sky.

(iii) madwoman's story:
-the high road,
-suburban lores, &
-a raving madwoman.

(iv) a young boy's tale:
-the cerise christmas card,
-love is all things strange, &
-so long.

(v) the lilac shades of life:
-every sandpaper sunrise,
-you fade away,
-a faraway friend to me,
-in all the places, &
-home in all the years iʼve lived.

this book is a reminiscent of my younger self. the one that was more afraid of what's to come. the one that laughed at the silliest of things. the one that once cried while hugging a huge cave's rock. the one that hated taking pictures. the one that was too shy to make friends. the one that was clumsy enough to slip & fall, and make a huge mess. the one that is still there in me today.

i hope this poetry book brings you joy, escapism & comfort.

yours,
mas.

MYPOEMATTIC © 2021.
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.