Mihawk x Reader. Mystified.

-AN-
Alrighty! Here we go! I want to shout out to linnikitti! I hope this lives up to your expectation, my friend! Enjoy!

For a good few months you had been stranded at the mansion of Mihawk. And so far, it had been nothing less than...interesting. When you had first met the man, he was very hesitant to let you stay here. And who could blame him? Many a man were dying to take his head.

However, now, three months down the line, he was warming up to you. Not greatly. And he certainly didn't treat you like an old friend, but he wasn't as cold as he used to be.

Right now, you were both sat in silence in the large living area. The room lit dimly, the only light source being the fire crackling in the grand fireplace. You were both sat in two large chairs, opposing each other.

And even now, you found the presence of the man so intimidating, you just wanted to shrink back into the large, velvet cushions, laced with gold. It was suffocating, being around him. It was as if the very aura he gave off was threatening.

You jumped slightly, as you heard him clear his throat. A subtle action, however clearly designed to demand your attention. Hesitantly, you lifted your gaze from the book in your lap, to the piercing, liquid gold eyes of the hawk.

How? How was it possible? His gaze was so piercing, so striking. It was like he was toying with your very soul as if it were a chess piece. Easily playing your heart right into his hands. And he didn't even know it.

"You seem tense."

He stated matter-of-factly. Oh Lord, his voice. It was a deep, melodic baritone that floated into your ears like the most beautiful of songs.

Having to snap yourself from the other-worldly trans you were putting yourself in, you nodded. A sigh left you as you squeezed your eyes shut, shoulders slumping as you surrendered yourself to his piercing stare.

"Come here."

Again, how? That voice. So deep and soft, yet commanding and authoritative. You found you couldn't refuse if you wanted to. With slow steps, you approached. He commanded you to sit in front of him, back turned.

As you carried out this order, you felt a relieving pressure on your shoulders, as slender fingers squeezed the tense muscles into relaxation. And instantly, a satisfied sigh left you. Your head dropped backwards, lulling to the side every now and then as his hands did wonders.

Suddenly, as your hazy head lulled to the right, you felt a softness against the junction between your neck and shoulder. It took a moment to realize what it was, but when you felt his raven hair tickle your cheek, you realized... it was his lips.

Instead of freaking out, you simply sighed softly, head tilting more to grant the man behind you more space to lavish.

You felt his lips move up to your ear, hot breath sending electric pulses up and down your spine.

"I always think about you..."

He whispers, and you nod. Words unable to pass your lips as you silently pant for air.

He twists your head to face him, lips meeting in a kiss that was brimming with passion. You could faintly taste the wine he always drank.

This man was an enigma. You'd never be able to quite figure out how he could be so gentle, yet so threatening. His name was true to his nature. He was definitely compatible with a hawk. A beautiful creature that could rip you to shreds in an instant.

It was exhilarating. It left you entranced, intoxicated, dazed. And above all,

Mystified.

-AN-
Few. I think I got this done quickly. Originally, he was going to say 'I always think about you,' in Spanish. However, considering Spanish isn't a languege in the OP universe (unless you watch it in Spanish dub) I decided to make it English. For those who want to know, the Spanish is' "Siempre pienso en tí." Anyway, thanks for reading. Hope you enjoyed!