Chapter 24

Dedicated to @QueenMimi96 for being such a sweet reader of this book!

VIVAAN'S POV

It was just an act! My heart started pounding so hard when she said "YES". I swear everyone could hear my heart jumping up and down in happiness and then...

Romeo-worthy? Fuck Romeo, I will be her Augustus!

Oh yes, I had read The Fault In Our Stars only because that is her favourite book. No, it wasn't Bidaan's idea and yes, I genuinely wanted to know what was so special about the book that it became her absolute favourite.

I think I heard my heart break into a million shards when she said this was all just a play-along-the-dare. What do I need to do to actually make her say yes?

***

After we got off the bus, I fiddled with my bag pack for a little while. Kimora just looked at me quizically. "Uh, can you remove my water bottle from my bag?" I asked her. She shrugged and removed the water bottle for me. 

How do I give her the letter? How do I - 

"Don't forget to give Bidaan the book, alright?" she said in her sweet voice.

"Of course, I won't forget it. See you!" I ran off from there as soon as I can. I didn't want her to see me blush or fidget anymore. 

She's a smart girl. She'll catch you soon enough.

***

I had ditched my maths tuition class so that I could go to Bidaan's house. I would never, ever want to shorten my time with Kimora, of course, and I didn't know when to meet Bidaan and maths is boring so...

Yes, I know this wasn't the best option...

Bidaan was shocked to see me at his doorstep. "What are you doing here? Don't you have maths tuition?" he asked dumbfounded.

"I skipped it. Now, take these letters and read through them." He looked at me like I had grown two heads. "Oh, come on, I need you to tell me if it's good!" I said exasperatedly.

"See, buddy, you were supposed to give it to Kimora and let her decide whether she likes it or not... but, anyway, I will do the honours, so let's get started!"

***

"It's a good thing you came here, Vivaan. I am pretty sure she would puke reading your cheesy lines," Bidaan said half an hour later after going through all my letters.

Guess I wasted my P.E. period for nothing!

"You should definitely do something about these lines. I like your idea of using Taylor Swift lyrics subtly but these cheesy 'I will bring moons and stars to you ' really sucks," Bidaan commented.

"Well, she isn't Indian, so she won't know these lines!" I protested.

"I'm sure they exist in some other culture," he murmured.

And that is how I sat down to rewrite my love letters...

***

"Hey, Kim!" I said as I entered the park. She was dressed in a crimson tank top and black shorts that showed off her smooth legs.

"Hi, Vivaan!" she said as she passed the football to Rishi. "Wanna talk?" she asked.

"Uh, yeah, sure! Let's go?" I offered.