079. The Human Heart

Part Three / Chapter Seventy-Nine

The fighting had not died down once Venus disapparated back into the corridor where she left with Cordelia. Immediately, she sprung back into action as a couple of Death Eaters came charging at her, screaming different sorts of Dark spells and Unforgivable Curses— spells she repelled effortlessly. She held her arm out. The Death Eaters froze in their place, like statues stuck in time, only their eyes moved frantically around. Venus muttered a spell and the Death Eaters all disintegrated into ash to her feet. She stepped over them and walked away, wondering what other Angels and Death Eaters date should be when they encountered her. But two others ran into her as she made her way down a different corridor.

"Vee!" Tonks was beside Remus, but she ripped herself away and threw her arms around Venus. "Are you alright?"

"Are you alright?" Venus motioned toward the cut on Venus' head.

"Yeah, it's noth—" Heavy footsteps interrupted Tonks, and the three of them spun around. Without hesitation, an Angel flung an Angel blade toward Venus, who still had her arms wrapped around her sister.

The blade caught in Venus' leg. A terrible burning sensation creeper it's away from her stab wound and up her leg. She weighed herself down in Tonk's arms in writhing pain. Remus and Tonks shot Angel stunning spells at them, while Venus pulled the knife from her leg.

The Angels weren't letting up, they dodged every single spell. Venus, ignoring the remaining pain in her leg, pulled herself up and limped between the two wizards protecting her. "I surrender."

The fighting stopped in a blink. Remus and Tonks gave her astounded looks, wide eyes flickering back from each other and towards her.

"No, Vee, you can't—"

"I can't have you two die for me." Venus stared at Tonks, a little smile on her lips before she turned away from the older girl and limped toward the two angels who were just as shocked as the two wizards in front of them.

"A-Alright." One of the Angels stumbled, fumbling the handcuffs in his hands.

"Handing yourself over so easily?" The other one questioned, holding Venus' arms firmly behind her back while the other one began to unlock the handcuffs.

"Not quite." Venus snatched her arms away from them, sending swift punches to both of the Angels noses.

The two Angels sprung into action, they sent punches, swipes with their only Angel blades and kicks in her direction. The one with silver hair aimed his knife at her stomach before Venus grabbed his arm, twisting it back until the blade dropped. Kicking the blade away, she took the Archangel blade out from her pocket taking a handful of the Angel's hair and pulling him back down toward her.