twenty two

𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗗𝗘𝗦𝗜𝗥𝗘 𝗙𝗢𝗥 𝗬𝗢𝗨

𝗜𝗦 𝗦𝗢 𝗦𝗘𝗟𝗙𝗜𝗦𝗛

✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*✧˖*

as soon as mingi's mom had tended to san's injuries, he thanked them and made up some excuse of his aunt expecting him to be home soon. this made mingi furrow his eyebrows, knowing that san's aunt lived hours away but before he could stop him, san was already out the door.

the raven haired boy walked through the streets of the lively city which was currently illuminated by the lights that contrasted against the dark sky. truthfully, san had no idea where he was going. he just let his legs take him wherever they wanted.

after what felt like hours of walking, san spotted a sheltered bus stop. he sighed and made his way over to it, deciding that he might as well get some rest. he took off the thin jacket he was wearing and wrapped it around the front of his body for some warmth before sitting down on the cold, metal bench. he closed his eyes and listened to the sound of traffic and people passing by.

he didn't even notice a boy sit down right next to him until he felt a head rest against his shoulder.

wooyoung had been on his way back from jeno's house when he spotted a familiar figure sitting at the bus stop, seemingly asleep. he recognized the outfit and realized it was san. wooyoung chuckled at how the universe always succeeded to bring the two together.

he walked over to the bus stop and quietly sat down next to the boy, not wanting to wake him. he rested his head on the taller's shoulder and felt him stir.

"wooyoung? what are you doing here?" san's eyes widened and he sat up properly, making wooyoung groan and lift his head back up.

"what are you doing here?" wooyoung asked, his voice as soft as ever. san expected him to shout at him, curse him out, maybe even slap him.

"go on, do it." san sighed and looked the boy in the eyes. wooyoung furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head.

"do what?"

"hit me, yell at me, leave me alone at a bus stop at night - whatever it is you want to do to me right-"

"san, i don't want to do any of that," wooyoung cut the rambling boy off by grabbing his hands without breaking eye contact. "i just want to be here for you."

"but i hurt your friend." san's eyes began to water and wooyoung smiled sadly.

"i know, and that was stupid, but it doesn't mean you deserve to stay here. anything could happen to you, staying at a bus stop this late at night isn't safe."

tears began to fall down san's cheeks and san realized how genuinely caring the boy in front of him was. without another word, wooyoung stood up and san followed. their hands remained intertwined as wooyoung guided san back to his home. it only took a few minutes to reach the house and they walked in a comfortable silence. wooyoung made sure to get both of them inside and up to his room quietly so he wouldn't wake his mother or brother.

"i want to make things right." san said in a small voice and wooyoung gave him a small smile.

"i'll help you, okay? you won't be alone in this, i'll be with you every step of the way." san nodded and shuffled closer to wooyoung. wooyoung felt his heart crack a little at how small and vulnerable san looked. he wrapped his arms around san's waist and lay back so the two fell against wooyoung's soft pillows.

"graduation is in a couple of days, right?" san nodded again. "let's talk to them after that. let's enjoy our graduation stress free and then we can talk to renjun when we go back for the last time, that way we can leave the school knowing we did the right thing." san noticed how wooyoung used 'we' instead of 'you' and smiled gratefully. although wooyoung had done nothing but be a sweetheart to everyone, he was still willing to include himself in san's problem just so he wouldn't feel alone.