Chapter 1

Stepping through the doors of my house, I hear a low murmuring coming from the kitchen, which wouldn't normally concern me but the fact that I live alone with my house-elf, Kreacher, scares me.

I creep towards the kitchen slowly, a loaf of bread in one hand, my wand in the other. The closer I got, the more voices I could hear, but I am unable to place any voices onto people. It probably hasn't helped that I haven't seen anybody I know for ten tears, not since mum died.

I gently push the door open, my wand in front of me, ready to jinx if need be, through the tiny crack, I could see a few figures, but they were all quite vague.

"I'll go call the kids down for -Argh!" A short, plump, ginger woman opens the door and lays her eyes on me. My wand shoots up and I glance nervously around the room, trying to take in the scene before me.

"Who are you?" The woman asks.

"The owner of this house." I say, confused as to why my dinner table is full of random people.

"How did you find this house?" A tall man with shaggy black hair asks, glancing across the room at me. My brother.

My brother had been thrown into Azkaban fourteen years ago after betraying his best friend, giving his location up to Voldemort as well as murdering another one of his friends and twelve muggles.

"I live here, Sirius. This is my house." I roll my eyes, lowering my wand and putting it back into my pocket. The woman in front of me relaxes slightly as I do so.

"How in Merlin do you know my name?" My brother raises an eyebrow and makes a grab for his wand. "Magic." I smirk, making my way into the kitchen and placing the loaf of bread on the countertop.

"Not so fast." I turn around to be faced with a crowd of wands pointed in my face, I raise my hands in surrender. "How'd you know my name, how'd you get possession of this house?" Sirius jabs his wand onto my throat.

"I know you haven't seen me since you left Hogwarts, but wow Sirius. I can't believe you forgot me. I inherited the house ten years ago after Walburga Black died. Her eldest son in Azkaban and her youngest son dead. It became my house." I smirk.

"No. It was empty when I arrived here an hour ago, only that miserable old house-elf was here." Sirius' eyes widen in shock.

"I went out for bread and got highly distracted." I say, gulping as the wand pushed harder against me. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know. I assumed it had been left empty. I was brought the news that Walburga had died but I've heard nothing about you for years." Sirius lowers his wand and pulls me into a hug.

"What's going on?" A group of teenagers walk into the room, followed by a man whose hair was greying and had scars on his face.

"Sirius, explain." Short ginger woman demands. "What does he need to - oh my Merlin." The scarred man, Remus, walks cautiously over to Sirius and I and gasps.

"You're, you're alive." Sirius lets me go so that Remus can hug me. "Indeed I am." I giggle.

"Who in the world are you?" A boy who looks similar to the ginger lady asks.

"Sit down everyone, I'll explain." Sirius returns back to my dining table and sits back in the seat that he had previously occupied, signalling for me to sit next to him. I move forward, and slowly, everyone follows.

"Let's start with the basics, I'm Y/n, nice to meet you all."

A/N: New fic! Please let me know what you think of it!

Hope you enjoy it :)

-Lola