You Belong with Me

I'm pulling a Taylor, so this is from the vault. Wrote this last year, and this is very random, and you'll get why this was locked in the vault lol

An AU

**********

It was a wonder to him how he got to campus without a burst of road rage or any freak accident –but he supposed he should be thankful. He usually prides himself of being a level-head, who always thought communication through words is always better than violence even when in anger, but even the best of them fails.

He let his anger and frustration simmer for a while as soon as he parked his car on an empty spot, leaning his forehead on his fists on the steering wheel. He took deep, gradual breaths, trying to calm himself. It has been more than a year, he should be past it –he shouldn't be even affected by it. Heaving a last frustrated breath, he sat straight up, and turned the engine off, retrieved his backpack from the passenger seat and decidedly pushed his thoughts to the back of his mind when he stopped mid-way from opening his car door.

There, beside his car, was an old Mini-cooper, bouncing incredibly, that he had to immediately avert his eyes.

Sean Lew couldn't believe someone is doing the nasty in the university parking lot, in broad daylight, no less. And in an old Mini-cooper too –how much legroom does that car even have?

He kept his head down as he slammed his car door shut, and was about to turn away when his eyes caught sight of the bouncing car, and it took all his will not to laugh out loud. At himself – for thinking of the worst and the dirtiest thing possible – and at the scenario playing in front of him.

The car was actually bouncing because the driver, head full of wild, unruly curls, clad in an oversized black sweater, was jamming mindlessly to a song, singing at the top of her lungs while missing most of the notes, her expressive face dramatically displaying every emotion there is along with her large arm and hand gestures.

Sean could only laugh under his breath as he decided to lean on his car, cross his arms and watch this spectacle.

Cute, he thought. And he again laughed as the song registered to him.

"She wears high heels, I wear sneakers

She's cheer captain and I'm on the bleachers

Dreamin' 'bout the day when you wake up and find

That what you're looking for has been here the whole time!"

And here comes the intensive bouncing and the tone-deaf singing.

"If you could see that I'm the one who understands you!

Been here all along, so why can't you see?

You belong with me!

Standin' by and waitin' at your back door

All this time, how could you not know, baby

You belong with me

You belong with meee."

She was dramatically fake crying now.

"Oh! I remember you drivin' to my –oh my god!"