I Tried To Bring Her Back // Brutasha + Wanda

"Okay, that'll be all for today. Enjoy the weekend," Bruce finished the class as the school bell rang. He had never kept children in class for longer than was necessary, and perhaps that was why he was one of the most popular teachers at the school. Following in the footsteps of his students, he too packed his things and joyfully left the classroom. Today was a beautiful spring day, and he knew that an unnamed redhead would be waiting for him in front of the school.

A wide smile spread across his face as he stepped out and saw her immediately. He didn't hesitate for a second and took quick steps toward her. "Hello there," he greeted her and gave her a quick kiss.

"How was your day?" she asked with a smile as they went home hand in hand.

"Same as every other day. What about you? How's the rehearsal for a recital?" he asked with interest. He loved when Nat talked about her job. She was a great dancer. She could be a prima ballerina, but instead, she lived with him in this small town and was teaching children ballet. All they lacked in their perfect life, was that neither of them could have kids. Maybe that's why they both chose a profession with children.

"Actually pretty good. They are all so talented. I can't wait for you to see it," she replied enthusiastically.

"Well, you and me both," he nodded and moved his glasses closer to the root of his nose. "It's the end of the month, right?"

"Yes, and I know very well that you have it written in your diary," she teased him.

"You know what I'm like... I'm constantly forgetting something and I don't want to forget anything that concerns you," he confided in her, and Natasha's heart jumped with happiness. She didn't remember much from her childhood, but she knew it wasn't very happy. Bruce didn't come from a beloved family either. But none of that mattered while they were together. They were happy together.

"Aw, did I tell you how much I love you, doc?"

"Not today," Bruce laughed. "I love you too, by the way. But you know that, don't you? In fact, I'm pretty sure everyone in Westview knows that. Bruce Banner is madly in love with Natasha Romanov, that's what everyone thinks when they hear my name. Not that I'm a primary school teacher or that I'm a weirdo-"

"You are not a weirdo," she interrupted him and squeezed his hand tighter. "You are a genius."

"I have a message for you from Annie, she says that she can't wait for her leg to fully heal, so she would be able to go to ballet practice again." He remembered his student's words and changed the subject.

"Poor Annie. It would be her first recital. It's a shame she'll miss it," said the redhead a little sadly.

Now, for a change, it was Bruce who squeezed her hand tighter. "There will be other performances. The main thing is that she will be able to continue dancing."

"You're right. As always," she said with a smile and stopped as they reached their house. She stood on tiptoe so she could kiss him. Bruce had to smile before he began kissing her back. Maybe the whole city knew he was madly in love with a red-haired ballet teacher, but so did the whole city know that Nat was in love with him.

"What was that for?" he asked as they pulled slightly apart.

"Do I have to have a specific reason to kiss my boyfriend?" she answered with a question but didn't give him a chance to say anything because she pulled him into another kiss. "I'm going to have water brewed for coffee. Would you like some?" she muttered into his lips.

"You know I'll never refuse coffee," he whispered, kissing her once more before letting her go. Natasha disappeared into the house while Bruce opened the mailbox so he could check the mail. He was about to go inside, too, when he heard a familiar voice.

"Sparky!" a woman called, and immediately he heard two children's voices who called the same name.

Confused, Bruce turned to those voices. He was very surprised to see a familiar woman and two little boys he had never seen before. "Wanda?" he blurted out silently but the redhead heard it anyway.

Wanda looked at the stranger who said her name and looked as surprised as Bruce. "I know you," she muttered.

Bruce moved closer to her. "Of course you know me," he said quite automatically. Because he knew he knew her, but he didn't know from where. Westview was a small town, so practically everyone knew each other. And yet he felt that he had seen her here for the first time.

"Mommy, who is it?" Billy asked.

"Should we neutralize him?" Tommy asked another question.

"No!" she said quickly. "This is mommy's old friend. Bruce," she explained and exchanged glances with him. They both knew something was wrong. Because neither of them remembered how they knew each other.

Darcy watched TV and was as surprised as the two people on screen

Darcy watched TV and was as surprised as the two people on screen. She couldn't believe what she saw. It was true that Dr. Banner had disappeared, but it wasn't the first time, so no one was dealing with it. Everyone probably thought he was somewhere in the rainforest helping people.

"Hey, Jimmy?" she called her colleague.

"I'm going!" he shouted back to her and stood beside her in a few seconds.

"Look," she said, pointing to the screen.

"How the hell did this happen?" Jimmy wanted to know.

"I don't really know. They were looking for Sparky, and suddenly Bruce showed up," she explained.

Jimmy wanted to say something, but another voice came from the television.

"Bruce, what's taking you so long?"

"Oh my god, is that-"

"Yes, that is Natasha Romanov," Darcy confirmed.

"But isn't she- you know..."

"Yeah, she is dead," she confirmed again.

•••

What if Wanda isn't the only one in Hex? I just got this idea and I love it, even though I wanted to cry while I was writing it. I know a lot of people don't like brutasha, but I love them so much.