School already...? | 40

November 1st

"Peter Parker what part of resting for 48 hours don't you understand" Nat says with a glare as soon as we walk out of the elevator into the living room.

"All of it" I say and her glare hardens.

"...that was a rhetorical question wasn't it?" I say in realisation and Bucky snorts.

"Peterrrrr, you could hurt yourself" Harley says and I just smile.

"I was actually thinking about going to school, like seriously if I get expelled I'll have to go to a detention centre" I say.

"School? Peter Parker wants to go to school?" Tony laughs and I roll my eyes.

"What? I've not really been, I'm bored" I say with a shrug.

"And you'll actually stay? Not just go for five minutes and then leave?" Nat questions.

"100%" I say.

"I don't know" she says, but I can tell she's thinking about it.

"Wellllll technically I don't need your permis-" I say when I'm cut off by her glare.

"I take that back..." I say and she smirks.

"You can go to school but only if one of us drops you off and picks you up and if it ever gets too much call someone preferably me" Nat says with a sigh and I grin.

"Wait why can't I get the subway?" I say with a pout.

"Why would you want to?" Harley scoffs in amusement.

"I like talking to people" I say.

"Peter, please don't tell me you talk to random people on the subway" Nat says, pinching the bridge of her nose.

"Fine I won't" I say with a shrug and they all look at me like the idiot I am.

"Did no one ever teach you about stranger danger?" Clint says.

"Actually not really to be honest but I did watch this captain America PSA in school about it though" I say and Steve reddens slightly.

"Well since clearly you've lacked any parental figure whatsoever in your whole life I'm her to tell you, don't talk to strangers, it doesn't matter who they are" Nat says looking me dead in the eyes which I find bloody creepy.

"Thanks for reminding me I'm an orphan" I say in mock hurt but I see the regret in her eyes.

"Fuck, sorry" she says and I burst out laughing.

"Nah you're good I don't give a shit, I'm just messin' with ya" I say as I laugh and she glares at me.

"Well for that you're not taking the subway" she says and I pout.

"Not even on the way back?" I ask.

"I might change my mind" she says and I sigh.

"Fiiiiine" I say.

"And I called your school a few days ago and told them you were in an accident, so I'm sure they'll be easy on you" she says and I smile slightly in thanks.

"Okay now who's gonna drive you? Just choose your favourite person in the room" Tony says with a smirk and I shrug.

"Cool, come on Buckaroo you're driving me to hell" I say and he grins as the team all groan and protest.

"Peace out suckers" Bucky smirks throwing an arm around my shoulder and I'm pretty sure he looks like on of them cool uncles.

We then walk out, well we basically just muck about, probably looking like a couple of idiots.