Moonfull

Malfoy had come bursting into Hermione's bedroom four hours later, flouncing onto her bed like he had been invited, seemingly unbothered by the fact that she was half dressed and still asleep.

"I set the bar so low for you," she began, pulling on grey joggers and a sweatshirt, "yet you always seem to shock me with just how awful you are with human interactions."

"Your ugly knickers and poorly executed sleeping schedule have little effect on those of us that choose to function on normal times. It's nearly one in the afternoon."

"Apologies, my office job went up into flames the day the ministry fell, and the unemployment line was too long so I decided to take up the war effort instead." She flopped back down onto the bed and fixed Malfoy with a hard stare. "Sometimes that means we're awake well past dawn."

Malfoy shrugged. "Seems like a personal problem, Granger."

"Surely you came in here for a reason," she bit out.

"Of course. Feeling your annoyance flood our bind is better than caffeine."

" Malfoy."

"Fine." He shifted back against the wall, kicking his feet up onto her mattress. With his shoes on . She shoved them to the ground. "I, in one of my usual moments of brilliance, have thought of a place we can keep Theo when he turns."

Hermione fought the urge to raise her eyebrows. She wouldn't give him the satisfaction. "Well? Share with the class."

"You know that cabin we first met at—"

"The one that's falling apart at the seams and would surely crumble to the ground if it housed a newly transformed werewolf and whatever might happen to his bound partner?"

Malfoy threw her a grin. "That's the very one."

She narrowed her eyes into the swottiest, most Hermione Granger glare she could muster. "You're barmy."

"You underestimate me, Granger." He studied his nails with feigned interest. The smug was coming off him in thick waves.

"I'm losing interest, Malfoy," she shot back in a dull tone. Honestly, was it all dramatics with him?

"Something you failed to take note of while we convened there," he began, sitting up and placing his elbows on his knees. Hermione thought back to the aristocratic man he pretended to be in fifth and sixth year. She wondered what he'd think of the hunched over blood traitor sitting in front of her. "was the possibility of an underground room."

Hermione moved her head back and forth noncommittally. "That's a Malfoy property, then?"

"Ten points to Gryffindor."

"Were you planning on throwing me down there to serve as a family slave when Tom came out on top?"

"Have you seen the state of your room?" He gestured to the clothes sprawled across the wood floor. "You'd make an awful slave."

She shoved his arm and rose to her feet to begin gathering the garments. Not because he had mentioned it, certainly not. She had been meaning to attend to them since he'd so rudely woken her up.

"These are from you , after your freak out the night before. Perhaps you could assist me."

Malfoy ignored her and reclined back onto her pillows, closing his eyes. "I found the place, now you need to research the proper wards."

Hermione threw a jumper at him, glaring. "I am not required to do anything at your orders. In fact, things are actually quite the opposite."

"So you'll just let Theo suffer then?"