Chapter 18

Cade's POV

What's wrong with Paris again? She must be bored to accept the temporary professor role. She is my aunt but she only wants to be called by her first name. It's been a month since I last saw her and so happy to see my only aunt standing in front of me today. She spoils me so much since I was a kid.

"Stop smiling at me Colleen Suppasit."
She playfully said. Everyone knows Paris.

"If you say so," I replied.

"Meet me outside for a while." I stood up and followed her.

"What now?" I asked her. "Why are you here?"

"Uncle Mew said I can work for a week here. I am supposed to reject the idea but when he told me that you are taken, I accepted the offer right away. So where is the famous Miles that Uncle Mew and Gulf are talking about?" I am right about her. She's just here to pry on my love life.

"What did my grandparents say about him?"

"Well, they just told me you are crazy in love with an average guy. Is that the guy who keeps staring at us? Is he mad?" I turned around but no one is looking. Miles is busy with his paper.

"The handsome guy beside me." I told Paris.

"I see. Not bad. Go back inside."
We both returned to the classroom.

"Baby, keep it. You can redo it later. Our professor will return next week so you will have plenty of time." I told him.

He followed me and put it inside his bag. My favorite waterboy handed me bottled water. I drank half of it and gave it to Miles.

"I am not thirsty." He answered.

Paris discussed the concept of market equilibrium. Everyone is listening because she seriously looks like a terror professor and it's kind of funny. She keeps calling Miles to answer almost all of her questions. Miles keeps nailing it though.

Is she trying to measure how smart my boyfriend is? Miles is beyond intelligent. He even makes assignments for my classmates before in exchange for money.

Our first subject ended. We are on our way to our hangout place again.

"What's wrong with her?" He sounded annoyed.

"Why? She is always like that. Don't mind her."

"I'll take a nap. Don't wake me up." He moved to my single bed.

Luke entered the place with snacks.
I am so bored with Miles just sleeping. We had enough sleep last night so I am wondering why he became sleepy all of a sudden. Luke keeps smiling like a fool.
"Are you crazy?" I asked him.

"No, I am handsome. I am just excited for something." Luke is consistent for being annoying.

"Well, good luck to you then."

"No, Cade, good luck to you. I just brought you some snacks in case you are bored. I am off now. ciao!"
He left me here so I just called papa to disturb him. I have nothing to do because my boyfriend is sleeping.

Miles woke up an hour before our next class. I already asked someone to buy our lunch. I can't wake him up earlier because he told me not to.

"Baby, come here and eat." He started eating. Something is different with how he behaves today He was not arguing with me and just keeps following what I am saying.
"Do you like the food or you want me to buy more?"

"No, it's fine."

"You okay, baby?" Something is really weird about him.

"I am fine, perfectly." He is trying to get finish his food quickly.