Epilogue

Epilogue: One year later

"Draco, we're going to be late!" Hermione fumbled through her bottomless bag to ensure she had everything. Her dress was on, her hair done and her make up was complete.

"Granger, we're in the wedding. They aren't starting without us."

"It's not our wedding, they're allowed to start whenever they like."

"You've spent all day with the brides, I've been with Theo and Potter since last night. I think they'll have their heads on straight enough to realize we're missing and wait."

Ginny and Harry, along with Theo and Luna, wrapped up in their converging bind partners, had decided to have a joint wedding. Harry and Ginny would be marrying each other beside Theo and Luna. It was odd, and the press was having a field day with it, but it just felt right. Everyone had moved out of Grimmauld place about six months ago, but Theo and Luna had stayed. It didn't seem weird to Hermione, though when she said it out loud she realized how unconventional it was.

"Theo and Luna get the top three floors and Ginny and I get the bottom three. Everything in between is up for grabs and the living room is fair game," Harry had told her. Hermione hadn't bothered with it. No one else was moving away from their bound partner and Harry didn't need to justify it to her.

They were the first to get married out of all the group. Neville and Pansy were engaged and Blaise and Seamus had taken several vacations together, mostly just to get the press wondering about their "secret relationship" as neither one of them was inclined to confirm one way or the other.

"Let's just go, shall we?" She walked across their living room, heels clicking loudly against the wood, and stopped in front of Draco. "Your tie is crooked," she admonished, reaching out to fix it.

"If you hadn't just fucked me against the door jam I think we wouldn't need to worry about it."

Hermione shrugged. "Not a single hair on my head moved, so it sounds like a personal issue."

"Yes, well I think you've learned that from my mother. She has the same habit of looking strangely unruffled during even the most rigorous of times."

Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy had escaped long Azkaban sentences, thanks to their willingness to let Pansy and Neville kill Nagini. They were on very strict house arrest orders after their six month stint in prison for the next five years, but Hermione and Draco made sure to pop by every now and again. They took up residence at the small cottage Draco and Hermione had met at that very first time. It was small, but Malfoy manor had burnt down and they were ordered to stay in England. There weren't many other options.

Narcissa had a way with interior design. About eight months after the Final Battle, Draco had said he was ready to face his parents and Hermione had joined him. She was surprised to find the cottage had a homey feel. She didn't like to stay long, as the memories of Theo's transformation and the time Draco had attempted to die for her lingered too close to the surface, but Narcissa had done her best to cover up the dark memories.

Hermione was quite fond of the Malfoy's actually, in an odd way. They were still haughty and annoying, but Lucius was excellent when it came to banter, even better than Draco, and she liked to be kept on her toes. Narcissa was an excellent conversationalist, and despite being isolated always had the best gossip. If anyone had asked Hermione during the war where gossip would fall in her list of priorities, she probably would have punched them in the face. She found though, as she tried to find the balance between normalcy and accepting her past for what it was, that it was fun to listen as Narcissa droned on about whose husband is writing whose wife love letters in Azkaban. It was stupid and meaningless. Hermione was so glad to have that back in her life.