𝗙𝗜𝗥𝗦𝗧 𝗗𝗔𝗬

FIRST DAY
"—𝖼𝗅𝖾𝖺𝗋𝗅𝗒 𝖿𝖺𝗆𝖾 𝗂𝗌𝗇'𝗍 𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗋𝗒𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗇𝗀."

—ALEXANDRIA STRETCHED AS SHE WOKE UP

ALEXANDRIA STRETCHED AS SHE WOKE UP. She was the only one to have a dorm all to herself, and it was built by Salazar Slytherin for his descendants.

She stood up and took a shower. When she was done, she got changed into the Slytherin uniform and put her hair into an elegant low bun.

Surprisingly, she didn't know a lot of hairstyles, since Sirius (or Narcissa, who would visit often), usually did her hair all the time.

Alexandria sat down at the Slytherin table with Pansy and Daphne. "We're getting our schedules." Pansy mused, taking a bite out of her breakfast.

Snape walked over to them and gave them their schedules, handing a letter to a confused Alexandria. "It's from your father. He told me to give it to you last night." Snape explained, seeing her confused look.

Alexandria thanked him, and opened the letter, while Snape walked over to the other students.

'Lex,
How are you?
I've heard that you've been sorted into Slytherin, and I could not be prouder. I hope that you are enjoying it, and remember that if Dumbledore tries anything— write to me immediately.
—Thomas-Slytherin.'

She looked up from the letter and put it in her pocket, planning to write back to him later.

"We have transfiguration first." Daphne stood up, Pansy following her lead. "Coming, Dria?"

She nodded and stood up, the three of them walking out of the great hall.

When they finally reached the transfiguration classroom, they sat down and pulled out their parchments, books, quills, etc.

"Where's the Professor?" asked Pansy in confusion.

Even though she already knew that the Professor was the cat that was sitting on the desk, Alexandria stayed quiet, letting Daphne answer, while she wrote back to her father.

"The cat. She's an Animagus." Daphne said.

'Father,
I'm doing well, thank you.
Dumbledore seemed suspicious of me yesterday at the feast, but he hasn't tried anything yet. I will be letting you know if he does.
—Alexandria-Slytherin.'

She folded the letter and put it in her pocket, then started reading the transfiguration book.

A few minutes later, the door to the classroom burst open, making everybody turn around.

"Phew, we made it," said Ron Weasley, who walked in with Potter. "Can you imagine the look on old McGonagall's face if we were late?"

The cat jumped from the table and turned back to the said Professor. Ron gulped, "That was bloody brilliant!" He tried changing the subject.

"Oh, thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps it would be more useful if I were to transfigure you and Mr. Potter into a pocket watch? That way one of you might be on time!"

"We got lost.." Potter replied, looking ashamed.

"Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need that to find your seats." McGonagall shot back, pointing to the empty chairs.

Harry and Ron nodded, sitting down and pulling out their stuff. Harry turned around, making eye contact with Alexandria.

She remained unbothered and emotionless, while Harry's face was filled with emotions, sadness being the most evident.

Noticing this, she looked away. Had Harry really cared that much for her? They were only a year old when they were separated, after all. Also, from what she had heard from everyone in Slytherin manor, the Potters hated her.. right?

Harry couldn't take his eyes off of Alexandria, who was putting her cauldron on the table across the room.

The Gryffindor and Slytherin first years were now in Potions class, waiting for Professor Snape.

Harry was 90% certain that Alexandria was Ava, and it was solely because of her eye color. He hadn't forgotten that color, not that he could since his eyes were the same exact color.. but she looked very different from him.

Alexandria has pale skin, jet black hair, and the most intriguing part of her was her green eyes. Ava, however, had dark brown hair and plump lips with the same exact eye color.. where had those went?

Harry also knew that his father used to have three bestfriends, but somehow, they all left him. He had always thought that it had something to do with his twin, but his parents would always change the subject whenever he would talk about her.

Professor Snape walked into the classroom, snapping him out of his thoughts.

"There will be no foolish wand waving, or silly incantations in this class. As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making. However, for those select few.." Snape glanced at the Slytherins, eyes stopping a few more seconds on Draco, who proudly smirked.

".. Who possess, the predisposition... I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory, and even put a stopper in death... Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough to not pay attention!"

Hermione Granger nudged Harry harshly in the ribs, making him finally look away from Alexandria, who didn't even pay him a glance.

"Mister Potter. Our new celebrity." Snape's lips curled coldly. "Tell me, what would I get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?"

He tutted when Harry stayed quiet. "You don't know?" He asked, continuing when Harry shook his head. "Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?"

"I don't know, sir."

"Pity. Clearly, fame isn't everything, is it, Mr. Potter?"

"Clearly, Hermione knows." Harry nodded his head towards the said girl, whose hand was up in the air the whole time.

Snape glared at him. "20 points from Gryffindor. For your information Potter, Asphodel and Wormwood make a sleeping potion so powerful it is known as the Draught of the Living Death, a Bezoar is a stone taken from the stomach of a goat and it will save you from most poisons. As for Monkshood and Wolfbane, they are the same plant which also goes by the name of Aconite. Well, why aren't you all copying this down?" He snapped, looking around the classroom.

The students all started writing notes.