24 | Him & Disco

Vikrant :

I saw her state change. Her smile faded off within moments.
"It's okay..", she said immediately covering up.

"I mean obviously.. why would you love me.. it was all in the heat of the moment.", she said abrubtly and got into the car. "Have a great day ahead, Vikrant.", she said immediately and after a while the car started, she forced a smile as the car drove off.

I felt a surge of guilt through my being, but this was how it was. I desperately wanted to let my emotions flow over me, but here I was stuck in my own helplessness. Also, I wanted her to be happy - and Manav was idealistic, not me. A guy who didn't even know how to make tea properly. 

I headed off to my office and found myself thinking about her the whole day. Simran Ahluwalia's "it's okay" was stuck in my mind, like a broken DVD player. It was almost evening when I finally decided to call her up and try and normalize things.

"Hello-"

"Vikrant, I am in a meeting.. Can we talk later?", and she hung up the call.

She was clearly hurt and who was the reason? - me of course. Self guilt level, pro max. I sat back on my recliner as I looked at my old family photograph on my desk. It was almost thirty years old, with a four year old Vikrant, his father, brother and mother. Happy and oblivious to the three thousand pains of life. Talking of my father and me, no, our relationship was not exactly pleasant. 

My actual base was Rajkot, Rajasthan - I possessed a legit palace there, it's still there actually, my father and brother lived there even now. Vikram, my brother was a year or two younger to me. My parents seperated pretty much after this photograph, so obviously I didn't exactly remember my mother. And my father had lived alone since then, a few years later my mother had passed away and no one had even let us siblings know until of course, I reached my Maternal Grandma's home.

That was the reason behind my strained relationship with my father.

I sat back, drawing in a deep breath. My eyes were numb. How long am I supposed to carry so much pain within myself? For how long will I go on with the help of therapy? I looked outside of my cabin through the small window, there were my employees laughing about a collosal joke, probably a Santa Banta joke. How I wished, that I could be normal..

Just then my phone buzzed.

It was Simran.

I wiped my eyes and picked the call.

"You are fine?", she asked, I had an urge to say 'No', but I somehow stopped myself. "Perfect.", I lied. "You don't sound like you are.", women and their sixth sense.

I smiled to myself.

"Simran.", I said.

"Vikrant.. okay I have something important. We are invited to a disco night tonight. Are you busy?", she asked.

"Nope.", I said as she probably nodded on the other end.

There was an awkward silence. Fear crept through me.. Would she really never love me? Why was I so scared to lose her? Ugh.

"Okay Vikrant, reach home and get ready in casuals, alright?", she asked as I agreed and the phone hung up.

..........

Simran :

We were heading to a client's party in a disco. Yes. I had amazing clients, I know. Thank you. 

I looked at Vikrant sitting beside me. He was in blue denims with a tight black t - shirt, his perfect abs quite visible as the t - shirt lined it. He looked hot, not like he didn't look hot all the time, but... anyways. 

He was not exactly talking to me but then he was anyways reserved, so I didn't bother about what it was. I just wanted to have fun tonight, with him of course, because I didn't have a choice, also if you have such a hottie you didn't need a choice. 

As of me, I wore a blue crop top with white jeggings, pencil heels and open hair with red lipstick, looking particularly desirable. I really wanted to know his opinion on this look, but he was too caught up in himself.

We entered the Disco, and were greeted by my clients.

"It's such a pleasure to have both of you here. Please have the best time inside!", he said as we entered. I had a gush of excitement! Parties and Simran is a thing, you know!

.........

Vikrant :

She looked hot.

No like seriously, okay yeah sorry I know I sound like an idiot but she did man. You should have seen her, she always looked perfect but this was too hard to deal. I was trying my best to refrain from looking at her perfectness. Right now she was so extremely happy and hoping about as music played in the background.

"Sundar Sundar.. Woh haseena badi sundar sundar.."

She turned towards me finally grooving to the slow electrified beats of the song. I felt like I was losing ground. She edged closer to me, smiling, my hand automatically reached her waist.

"Sach keh raha hai deewana dil.. Dil na kabhi kisise lagana.."

And we started grooving together. There was perfect sync, as I started living in the moment. A smile spread over my face as she placed her hand on my shoulder. She was smiling and no one watched us. 

"How are you so perfect and beautiful?", I asked softly,barely audible. 

"Perfection and beauty lies in the eyes of the observer, Sher Khan.", she whispered back.

And I knew, she was the one I would ever have.

.....

Longgg update! Wait for the next! We are drawing closer to high voltage drama by the way..!

Don't forget to drop in your comments and votes!