Eight

It was after school, and we were sat in a small diner, waiting for our food. Nick, Alex and Karl were in a separate booth, meming around, leaving me with Bad and Clay.

A waitress came over with the burgers and fries, and Clay shoved his fries at me, mouthing "eat".

I'd quickly learned that Clay was very stubborn when it came to feeding me, perhaps even more than I was about not eating his food. And so I didn't argue, and Bad raised an eyebrow.

"You never let people buy you food, what changed?"

Clay seemed to perk up a bit at this. He turned to me curiously. "Why?"

I kicked Bad in the knee, and he flinched a bit, hopefully getting the message.

"I just feel bad, I dunno."

I suddenly remembered the Kit Kat I'd brought him. I reached into my bag, and got it out.

I put it on the table, sliding it to him. "Here. As thanks."

He looked at it, and his eyes lit up. "Ooh, thank you! You didn't have to."

He took the promised Mars bar out, and handed it to me as well. Bad watched curiously.

"Did something happen between you two?" He bluntly asked, and I choked on a fry.

"We were stuck in detention, and I promised him a Mars bar," Clay explained. I stood up, muttering something about the bathroom.

As I was leaving, Alex stood up too, coming with me. He dragged me by the arm to the men's room, and shut the door.

"Holy SHIT I am glad you're here, Nick and Karl keep being all lovey dovey," he shivered, acting traumatized. I rolled my eyes, everyone knew they had something going on, even if they didn't admit it. Alex was an idiot for sitting there and third wheeling.

"Let them be," I told him. "They'll figure it out."

"So why are you here?" Alex asked. "You clearly don't need to pee."

"I don't know, I just needed some air."

He looked at me weird. "You came here for fresh air? I didn't know you had a piss kink."

I shoved him, laughing. "You know that's not what I meant."

We chatted a little, about nothing in particular, and headed back. Everyone was finishing up their food, and packing up.

"We gotta go, sorry," Karl said, dragging Nick away by the arm. They left, and Alex snickered.

"Ten bucks that they're fucking in the back of Nick's car right now."

"Language!" Bad scolded. "Anyways, I have to go too. George, want a ride?"

"Sure," I said, picking up my bag. Alex got in a car with Clay, and we drove off.

Not two minutes in, and Bad turned to me.

"So, what's with you and Clay?"