13

You fall for one, they fall for another.

                                                     - Unknown
-

Aris watched Giselle with begrudging eyes as she relentlessly went through all of the clothes in her closet.

"I know you're trying to help 'Elle, but do you really have to make such a mess? This is gonna take ages to clean." She whined, looking at the growing pile of "unsuitable" clothes on the floor, as Giselle had put it.

"I'll clean it up after," she promised, "but I need to find you the perfect outfit for your date. Clay isn't gonna know what hit him."

Aris scoffed, thinking about how ridiculous this was. Breaking her streak of being single for two years, just to go out with a guy she only met that day. What was even more ridiculous was now she actually had to try and impress the kid? Before Giselle had insisted on helping her out, she just planned on wearing jeans and a t-shirt, but obviously that idea was out of the picture now.

"Okay, two options," Giselle stated, placing the clothes on the bed, "sexy vegas clubber, or hot city girl."

Aris eyed the two outfits, immediately throwing the first option off the bed. Although the second option wasn't her ideal choice, it was much more appropriate than the skimpy, satin dress that probably wouldn't even cover a thirteen year old boy's cleavage, which was now strewn across her carpet.

"Giselle, this is a restaurant, not a strip club." She scoffed, noticing the pout on her face.

Giselle rolled her eyes, handing Aris the other option to try on.

She pulled on the navy corset and black jeans, throwing the jet black leather jacket over top, and spinning around so she was facing Giselle again.

Giselle let out a squeal, clapping her hands together excitedly.

"That was definitely the right choice, Clay's gonna go nuts." She smiled.

Aris feigned a smile back, but all she could think about was how it wasn't Clay that she wished would see her like that.

"Alright, you're already running fashionably late, let's not make it late late." Giselle urged, ushering Aris out of the room.

They said goodbye, Aris heading to her car and Giselle promising once again to clean up the mess she had made before heading out.

It only took her a few minutes before she was parked outside of the restaurant, her then stepping out of the car and heading towards the entrance, desperate to get out of the thrashing wind that was threatening to mess up her hair which Giselle had perfected.

The bell jingled as she stepped into the warm and cozy diner, spotting Clay at a table several spots away.

She plastered the best smile she could on her face, making her way over to him reluctantly.

"Hi Aris! You look beautiful." He beamed, hopping out of his chair and pulling hers out before she could do it herself.

She thanked him, taking her seat awkwardly and immediately taking a sip from her water which was already there.

"Sorry if I kept you waiting long, Giselle was insistent that I show up "fashionably late"." She snickered, putting air quotes.

Clay chuckled, shaking his head.

"No worries, I've only been waiting for a little bit."

He was dressed in khaki pants and a casual, light green button up, which accentuated his matching eyes and sandy hair. He looked nice, there was no denying that, but again, the same wandering thought came back once more.