Chapter 26

Eid Mubarak to all of you! May Allah keep you happy and shower his blessings upon you all. Stay safe.

Also, please remember the Palestinians in your prayers.

Author's PoV:

When Ahan left for his office, Mariam straightway went to Saba's house to discuss things with her. They had already talked about their children's weird behaviour around each other. Mariam was sure about her son's liking towards her best friend's daughter but whether the young lady felt the same about him or not was the big question. Saba too had no idea if Ashiya had a thing for Ahan or not. Her daughter had always been uninterested in such things. The only guys she preferred were either celebrities or anime characters.

"Has Ahan said anything to you?" Saba questioned and Mariam smiled.

"No, but the way he looks at Ashiya is enough for me to know what he wants," she assured but Saba didn't find it enough.

"I don't know, Mariam," she bit her lip, "I think you should ask him at least. It's better to know what our children want before we proceed with such stuff."

Mariam thought for a second and then nodded. "You're right, I should ask him first," she agreed and they both decided to talk to their children the same night.

Ahan's PoV:

When I entered my room after reaching home and turned the lights on, I was startled to see Mom sitting on my bed with a smile. "Wha--" I almost yelled, "you scared me." She grinned wider and gestured me to sit beside her.

"I want to ask you something," she said once I sat down and nodded for her to continue. "Remember that day when I asked you about what type of girl you want to marry?"

"Mom I--" she interrupted me with her next question that almost made me jump in surprise.

"Do you like Ashiya?"

I looked at her, not knowing what to answer. It felt like my tongue had melted or that my mind had stopped working. How did she know? Did it seem that obvious?

"Ahan," Mom placed her hand on mine to make me speak, " say something."

"Why are you asking me this question?" I tried to play innocent.

"I think you already know." Uh oh!

"Mom I think there's some misunders..." My words died down as she gave me her DON'T TRY TO FOOL ME kinda look. I should have known that she knows me better than I know myself. "Yeah," I gave up, "I like her." I finally spoke these words and it felt weird. I like Ashiya Zarin. Ashiya, mad and weird. Amazingly weird, my mind corrected and I smiled. Yes, amazingly weird.

"You're so smitten," Mom said in an excited tone and I fixed my expression to normal. "Ya Allah, I can't wait to tell Saba about it," she beamed with happiness and that's when I realised - SHE WAS GOING TO PROPOSE MARRIAGE!

"Mom! Ashiya doesn't know about it yet," I told her and she frowned.

"What? Why?" she asked and I just blinked. What do I tell her? That I'm terrified of the idea of her knowing about my feelings? "Ahan, why are you the way you are?" she shook her head in disappointment and I just looked at her. "Okay, I will take care of it," she pressed her lips in a thin line, " you're just like your father sometimes."

.

.

.

.

Ashiya's PoV:

"He was hot!" Saira repeated for the hundredth time since Ahan left the hospital with the woman in his car. Saira and I were in the cafeteria having lunch and discussing about what happened earlier. "When I told him about you, he seemed surprised," she said as she took a sip of her yoghurt shake.

"That reminds me," I suddenly remembered that she had told him about my yearly medical camps, "you told him about my medical camps." I narrowed my eyes at her and she gave me her sheepish smile. "Why did you do that? You know I like to keep these things private, don't you?" I never liked to make things like these known to people. Good things must be done in private, solely for the purpose of pleasing Allah.

"He seemed worried so I said that to soothe his tension," she shrugged and I shook my head. "Sorry bro, it just came out of my mouth," she said when she saw my displeased expression.

"Okay, but please don't do this again," I took the last bite of my tuna sandwich and Saira nodded, making noise while sipping the remains of her juice.

"But seriously," she spoke as she put the glass aside, "that guy was hot!" This girl!

.

.

Later on, when I was home, Ammi called me downstairs saying that she wanted to discuss something important with me. I dragged my tired self out of the bed and reached her room. She was standing near her wardrobe, arranging her clothes when she saw me and gestured me to take a seat. I, being the sloth I am, lied down on her bed and closed my eyes. Her bed is so comfy!

"I told you to sit," Ammi smacked my thigh making me whine. "Get up, we need to talk," she sounded serious so I sat up straight and waited for her to resume. "I know what you did on the day when your suitor was to come," she said and my eyes widened. Oh no!

"What are you talking about, Ammi?" I chuckled nervously that made her glare at me.

"Don't try to fool me, I had heard you confessing it to Ahan that day. Poor guy had to suffer because of you," she shook her head and I pouted.

"I did that because I didn't wanna marry him," I said in a low voice and Ammi immediately looked at me, "or anybody else, for now," I made clear and she frowned.

"But I know a guy you're already acquainted with, he should be the perfect match for you, if Allah wills," she smiled and this time I frowned. Who is she talking about? "Do you, by any chance, have a liking for Ahan?" She questioned me in a suggestive tone and my eyes almost bulged out.

............................................................................

Please like and leave comments. Thank you.