Chapter 19

Wally ignores her question as he steps up beside Robin and M'gann. "Uh, who's this?" he asks Kaldur, gesturing to her.

"Artemis, your new teammate." she says almost teasingly.

"Kid Flash. Never heard of you." Wally continues in the same insultingly teasing tone as Artemis.

Green Arrow steps up. "Um, she's my new protogé."

Wally's eyes go wide. "Wha-what happened to your old one?" he questions, clearly worried, but can't ask further as the Zeta-Tubes behind him are put in use.

Recognize: Speedy; B-0-6

Well for starters, he doesn't go by Speedy anymore." Roy states, walking out of the Zeta Tube. "Call me Red Arrow." the three original protogé are both relieved and tensed to see him in the mountain, but it's Green Arrow who reacts the fastest.

"Roy. You look-" Green Arrow begins, but Red Arrow cuts him off as he walks to the center of training circle.

"-Replaceable." he nearly growls, his gaze zeroed in on Artemis.

"It's not like that." Green Arrow tries. "You told me you were going solo."

"So why waste time finding a sub?" Roy rhetorically questions angrily. "Can she even use that bow?"

Artemis steps up to defend herself. "Yes, she can." she says, almost chipper sounding as she gets right in Roy's face.

Who are you?" Wally finally questions.

"I'm his niece." Artemis says
"She's my niece." Green Arrow says at the same time.

This response gets a smirk to grow on Robin's face. "Another niece?" he questions, knowingly.

"But she is not your replacement." Kaldur assures, speaking to Roy. Stepping up as Roy actually turns to look at him. "We have always wanted you on the Team, and we have no quota on archers."

From his left Wally pipes up, cheery once more. "And if we did, you know who we'd pick."

Artemis steps up once more. "Whatever, Baywatch, I'm here to stay."

Roy immediately walks away from her. Right by Kaldur who stops him by speaking up. "You came to us for a reason."

"Yeah, a reason named Dr. Serling Roquette." Roy admits, looking to Robin who tenses immediately at the name.

Then smiling he pulls up the data on his hologlove. "Nanorobotics genius and claytronics expert at Royal University in Star City- vanished two weeks ago." he states as screens around the whole circle come up.

"Abducted two weeks ago by the League of Shadows ." Roy corrects.

Robin's joy shows through on his face. "Whoa. You want us to rescue her from the Shadows?" he asks as he, Wally, and M'gann all step up.

"Hard-core." Wally agrees, offering a fist to Robin. Which the Boy Wonder hits on top, then underneath, then on top again.

While Roy replies tensely. "I already rescued her." walking towards the lined up holo-screens. "Only one problem." pulling out a small grey box which brings up a larger screen in front of the ones Robin put up. "The Shadows had already coerced her into a weapon," glancing at the screen to make sure the data's up. "Doc calls it the Fog, comprised of millions of microscopic robots, nanotech infiltrators, capable of disintegrating anything in their path- concrete, steel, flesh, bone.- but it's true purpose isn't mere destruction. It's theft. The infiltrators eat and story raw data from any computer system and deliver the stolen data to the Shadows."