CHAPTER ONE

It still feels surreal.

Like someone just magically waved a wand and my life changed so drastically. I am still unsure of whether or not I am dreaming. If I am though, I do not wish to be woken up. This is a dream that I would like to stay in forever.

My marriage has been nothing but amazing. There are moments where I myself daydreaming, lost within the beauty that is the love that my husband and I share for each other. A love that now extends towards our child.

Just like everything else, I still find it hard to believe that I am carrying a child within me. An actual human being is undergoing a formation inside of me and the whole thing amazes and mind boggles me simultaneously.

Lex has been the best husband, as he usually is.

This miracle of life has brought us even closer than we were before. He has been with me through every step of the way. He has been present at every doctor's appointment, tends to my aching swollen feet and even runs around like a headless chicken to get me whatever that I am craving be it early in the morning or the ungodly hours of the dark night.

The man has been giving in every way, including giving his all to my very high sex drive. I swear this baby has made me into the ultimate sex monster. Lex has been enjoying that very much. I think it's his favourite part of this journey we're on.

With every small thing that he does, my love for him increases in ways that I thought were not even possible.

The past few months have been quite a journey. With me getting bigger and heavier as each day passes. My breasts are growing and my skin glowing. I love the added effect of my glowing skin and bright complexion. I have not let being pregnant keep me from going about my normal routine.

I have been active at work even though Caesar wanted me to take early maternity leave. I will not be going on said leave until my seventh month. I love working, it keeps my mind occupied.

The overpowering, unwelcome smell of paint, pulls me back to reality as I wander out of our bedroom and walk down the hallway. Music and loud off-key singing bring a smile to my face when I reach the open door. Lex is lost within himself as he holds a roller brush and coats the one side of the wall with paint.

Leaning against the doorframe I watch him dance and sing, in his own world and wait for him to notice my presence. It takes a minute for him to feel my eyes on him. He knowingly turns his head and looks at me over his shoulder, that gorgeous smile of his appears and conjures fluttery butterflies in my stomach.

Or it could be the baby's reaction to his father's presence.

I have a feeling that we might be having a boy, but Lex has been adamant on his gut feeling that we could be having a girl. We have then made a bet, even though we're still not sure what the winner gets from the loser. The gender of the baby is something we wanted to be a surprise for us. Which is why he is covered in paint. I wanted a gender neutral nursery.

I'm confident that I am correct though.

"Nice moves."

He chuckles at my compliment and places the roller brush aside so that he can walk towards me. His arms wrap around my waist as he hugs me. I can't help but chuckele at how his torso touches my bump. Hugs are oing to get much harder the bigger the baby becomes.

I feel a twinge of sadness, hugs from Alexander are one of the best things about him.

He looks down at me lovingly before leaning in to plant a tender kiss on my lips. "You shouldn't be in here."