Polite Society, Valentine Style

(A/N: I want to say that I'm not gonna do all of the story missions, just ones that I think would fit the story I'm trying to write better or move along the plot abit better. So I might mention certain missions in passing or I'll mix a couple of them together to make the narrative flow as best as I can. Also, if anyone is wondering, since Arthur is supposed to be 35 or 36 years old, (y/n) is 30 years old.)

The sun was already setting by the time Arthur and (y/n) made it back to camp, the two still racing. "Final stretch, cowboy!" (Y/n) called out to him as they entered the pathway that leads up to their camp. They were just neck and neck to each other but Arthur looked over at her for a moment before he pulled the reigns of his horse back just a bit, to slow down the horse to where (y/n) was ahead.

Finally, they make it to the camp and stopped their horses. "Looks like I lost the bet." Arthur said as they come up to the hitching post. (Y/n) turns to him, a bit of suspicion in her eyes before she said. "Yeah. Guess I'm gonna run your tab up when we go." (Y/n) said and Arthur chuckles as they dismount.

"Arthur! (Y/n)!" Dutch's voice called out and they turned to him as he walks up to the two, smiling. "You seem in a good mood." Arthur points out. "Oh I am, son. I am. Let's have some fun...tonight. Let’s enjoy ourselves." Dutch said and the duo noticed everyone gathering around the table and grabbing a bottle while Sean was standing on a box, making some sort've speech.

"Are we having a party?" (Y/n) asked. "Maybe...just a little one." Dutch said. "Great." Arthur said and Dutch smiles before he walks off.

"I love you bastards! Have fun! Have lots of fun!" Sean exclaims, happily, before he takes a swig of his drink and jumps off of the box while Arthur and (y/n) walks up to them. "Even you, you grumpy old bastard, Arthur!" Sean calls out and Javier, Karen, Sean and Uncle sit around one of the smaller tables as Javier pulls out his guitar and starts to play.

"Well, I'm gonna find Annebeth and try to put her to bed. I'll join in later." (Y/n) tells Arthur, who nods just as Javier and the others started to sing.

In Louisville I met a maid

Mark well what I do say

And she was mistress of her trade

It was diddle-diddle-diddle all day

I put my hand upon her toe

Mark well what I do say

She says: Young man you're rather low

For a diddle-diddle-diddle all day

Arthur joined in and sang along, although there were some of the lyrics he didn't know so he would just hum along with the song. Then he noticed a crate full of beer bottles and grabbed a couple of bottles, one for him and one for (y/n) once she came back.

(Y/n) found Annebeth and made sure she was alright before she went and got her ready for bed. "But I'm not sleepy, momma." Annebeth argued, weakly, before she let out a yawn. "Yeah, that yawn says otherwise, missy. C'mon." (Y/n) said as she chuckles. She helps Annebeth into her nightgown and gets her in her bed in their tent. "Alright, honey..." (y/n) said as she pulls back the blanket and Annebeth climbs in.

The little girl yawns again as (y/n) starts to tuck her in then kneels down to her. "Goodnight, sweetheart." (Y/n) said to her as she closes her eyes. The woman smiles then kisses the top of her head and watches her for a moment, making sure she fell asleep, then joined the others.

She walked out from her tent and took a few steps before Arthur walks up to her and holds out the second bottle to her. "I, uh...grabbed one for ya. You know before...Sean drinks them." Arthur said and (y/n) smiles. "Aww, you saved one for me?" She asked. "Depends...if it'll let me off the hook on our bet..." he replied and (y/n) chuckles a bit.