Chapter 9 - Therapy Sessions

School the next day was boring again. I was a little less tired and I still felt embarrassed about yesterday.

The group session therapy is tomorrow. I was stressing out about it all day.

In biology, we continued to work on our project.

"Wanna go to the library?" Mason asked.

"I don't care," I shrugged.

"Let's go to the library,"

Mason asked the teacher and we walked to the library.

I haven't been to the library yet. I was two floors and Mason led me upstairs. He went to a corner with two couches and we sat down and laid out our work.

I didn't realize until now that I was alone with this guy. No one was on the second floor. Nervousness went through my body.

"Hey does this look good?" Mason turned his laptop towards me.

I read through what he wrote.

"Yeah looks good."

I turned the laptop back.

"What happened to your hands?" He said looking at my scraped and bruised knuckles. "Is the other person alive?"

"No the sidewalk is still not living the last I checked." I said, "I fell."

"Must have been a hard fall,"

"Yeah," I lied.

We worked a little bit until Mason sat on the floor and lay down. He exhaled loudly.

"Do your parents ever fight?" He asked with his eyes closed.

"Um," I didn't know how to answer that considering my situation. "Not really? Why do yours?"

"Yeah," he sighed again, "A lot too."

"That sucks," I didn't know what to say to that.

"They're so annoying and I constantly feel as if I'm the adult in the house while they argue like little kids. They argue about everything but I love them both. I don't know. I wish they would go back to liking each other," He looked at me, "Sorry I just needed to get that off my chest."

"It's okay," I said, "I'm sure everything will work out one way or another."

He nodded, "I guess so... What did you mean 'not really' early?"

"Well, Julie and Ted haven't fought yet," I told Mason.

"Who are they? Your guardians or something?"

I nodded.

"Foster?" He asked.

I nodded again.

"Are they nice?"

"So far," I said.

"Do you like them?" He pushed.

I thought about it, "They're different. I've never had foster parents like them before. I don't know what they want from me sometimes."

"I get that," he nodded.

We continued working. I could barely focus because Mason kept cracking jokes trying to make me laugh.

"Do you ever smile?" He finally asked.

I shrugged, "I don't know. Your jokes just aren't funny enough."

He put his hand to his heart, "Ouch. I'm really hurt."

I flipped to the last page on part 2 and it said we had to make a video. That meant we would have to meet somewhere in our free time. Just great.