Chapter 17 - "Natalia"

Seven turned around and began running down the corridor. When she reached the corner she turned but was immediately thrown back onto the floor by some more agents that had bumped into her but were now about to fire at her. Remembering that she had powers which she could use, she immediately held her palm up, sending a huge gust of wind at the three guys, throwing them to the floor. 

Seven jumped up, grabbing three 'widow bites' and throwing them at the guys, watching them flop around for a second before remembering what she was doing, taking off running towards the testing areas.

What Seven didn't know was that her necklace had fallen off when she had been knocked down and was now lying on the ground, she was running further and further away from it. 

"Still no Ivan?" sam asked irritated into the comms,

"No" Steve sighed, "Maybe he escaped before we got here" 

"We haven't gotten all the rooms yet, maybe he's there," Seven heard Natasha say desperately through Steve's comm, she really wanted him caught.

"This place is huge" Thor acknowledged, the sound of metal doors being opened and closed in the background.

"Tell me about it" Seven huffed as she continued running, stopping when she got to a door that she knew all too well.

On the door read 'испытательная - электротехническая' (Testing room - electrical) 

Seven didn't waste any time reminiscing and instead pushed open the door, the last thing she expected to see was Ivan sitting at one of the desks.

She walked inside, drawing her gun slowly and pointing it at him, he was unarmed but he knew she was there as he didn't even flinch when the door had opened. Seven looked further into the room, memories flooding her head as she saw the glass circle in the centre of the room, a small figure lay motionless in the metal chair.

For a second she thought she was hallucinating before realizing who it was. "Lilly!" She yelled desperately, trying to run towards the glass.

"No no no" Ivan tutted as he quickly stood up, standing between Seven and the glass.

"Why are you doing this Ivan?" She exclaimed, now pointing the gun up to his body.

"Although we never interacted Subject Seven, I still watched you. I monitored your behaviour, your powers and even your relationships with the other test subjects. You seemed to have an attachment to Subject twenty-four so I was going to use her to draw you back here, but it seems you have already returned on your own" He laughed and the sound made Seven cringe.

"I'm here to take you down" She spat at him, her finger hovering over the trigger.

"Fine then Subject Seven, shoot me." Ivan's face twisted into a grin as he stared into her soul, unmoving. 

Seven moved her finger towards the trigger once more, her hands shaking. She moved the gun upwards towards his forehead, if she shot now he would be dead on impact, gone forever.

 She couldn't do it and he knew that.

 If she shot him now then she would become what she hated most, plus this wasn't the plan, she had to apprehend him.

"I-I can't," She said, lowering the gun.

"I know" Ivan grinned, "You're weak, your mother would be disappointed in you," Seven frowned, she didn't know her mother.

In the split second, she was distracted, Ivan turned around, grabbing a small knife off of one of the workstations, turning back and throwing it at Seven's leg. It lodged itself in her leg and she fell to the ground, crying out in pain.