Chapter 10

"Steve" you got his attention, both stopping outside of the door, pausing to look at each other before entering carefully.

"Sergeant, three, two, five, five, seven." The man laying on a table mumbles. You both enter, ready for a fight until your eyes lay on a heartbreaking sight.

"Bucky" you gasp looking to the man on the table, bringing a hand to cover your mouth as you choke out a sob. "Oh my god." You stand by as Steve rips him out of the straps, holding him to the table.

"Is that?" Bucky starts, looking up at the buff Steve Rodgers.

"It's me, Steve and y/n" Steve helps your friend to sit up

"Steve?" he asks "y/n?" he looks to you with a worry on his face.

"Come on" Steve helps him to stand up as you stand in shock, unable to move.

"Y/n" he smiles before gaining his focus.

"I thought you were dead" you scold him with some tears falling, quickly wiping them away to not make a scene.

"I thought he was smaller" he looks to Steve with confusion as you wiped your tears, laughing lightly

"I thought he was smaller" he looks to Steve with confusion as you wiped your tears, laughing lightly. Steve looks over to a map on the wall as it also catches your attention. Steve had placed Buckys arm over his shoulder to help him escape.

"Come on!" He dragged Bucky out as you took lead, making sure the path was cleared.

"What happened to you?" Bucky asked, still confused on what he had missed.

"I joined the army" Steve replied with a shrug.

"And she did too?"

"The SSR, but pretty much" you look into the hall.

"Did it hurt?" Bucky questions, now stumbling around the hall on his own.

"A little"

"Is this permanent?"

"So far"

"What happened to your face?" The confused brunette asked you he faced you while Steve peeked around the corner.