Chapter 18 - "Basically Peter's mom"

A.N: sorry if this one is boring, I just needed a filler chapter.

By the time the noise had completely stopped, Seven had managed to pull Natasha to where the quinjet was, the team finally noticing them. The team began to speak all at once, Seven didn't have the energy to stop them. All ten voices stopped instantly when they finally noticed Natasha holding on tightly to Seven's torso, her head buried into her shoulder.

They all exchanged confused glances with each other before going to speak but Seven just shook her head, she was sure that Natasha didn't want thousands of questions bombarding her now so she just carried on shaking her head until they got the hint.

The avengers spoke among themselves quietly for a second before eight of them turned back towards the quinjet, leaving Wanda and Peter who made their way over to Natasha and Seven. 

"Hey Nat" Wanda spoke, her voice soothing. "Come here," Wanda began to slowly transfer Natasha to her and Natasha moved willingly, looking up at her friend who saddened when she saw her face, Seven felt as if she had been no help at all. Wanda took Natasha's hand and lead her up towards the quinjet, Seven and Peter awkwardly trudging behind.

Thankfully the team had all taken their luggage out of the hotel this morning and could make the flight straight home, instead of stopping at the hotel to collect it. 

When the plane began to take off Seven couldn't be bothered to look out of the window, she was frustrated and confused as well as being extremely exhausted and she just sat down on the floor, not even making it to the seating area where the rest of the team was before sitting down, trying not to burst into tears.

Peter immediately sat down next to her, unlike Seven Peter was actually very good at consoling people when they were upset and he didn't say anything, instead just putting his arm around her and letting her sit there thinking.

Seven was so frustrated after today and she had a million questions, did they get Ivan? What happened to Lilly in the end? What the hell happened to Natasha? 

Seven refused to cry, pushing the lump in her throat back down, and instead just sat quietly with Peter, a comfortable silence consuming them both.

After a while, Peter broke the silence, "Are you alright? What happened back there?" He asked softly, just wanting to understand.

"Yeah" Seven replied, "I'm okay" Peter narrowed his eyes at her but chose not to press the issue any further. "I don't know what happened though, I found her on the floor bleeding out. It's almost like she didn't want me to heal her at first" seven saddened at the memory.

"What? Why?" Peter asked, confused.

"I don't know, she just kept going on about how she had failed before bursting into tears while I healed her wound. She wasn't talking so I just let her cry" Seven and Peter both looked over to where Natasha and Wanda were sat, also segregated from the group.

Natasha was now asleep, her head on Wanda's lap who was gently stroking her hair, a sad and hurt expression on her face. 

"Whatever happened was massive because she couldn't even walk properly, I had to drag her to the exit while taking out four guys at the same time" Peter had no idea what could have possibly have happened so he just shrugged slightly.

"Do you want to sleep?" He asked, "You sound exhausted, and honestly so am I," Peter said while yawning.

Seven just tiredly nodded her head before resting it on his shoulder closing her eyes and letting herself relax. Peter relaxed too, leaning his head on hers before drifting off to sleep, both oblivious to the occasional glances from the rest of the team.