Chapter 39

Disclaimer: NO smut in this chapter! I know I have Muslim readers who are fasting now since it's the month of Ramadan so I will put disclaimers like this one in the upcoming weeks. Ramadan Mubarak, lovelies♥️

Yep, definitely didn't miss this...

I can't believe how crazy fast summer flew by. It's like I blinked and I'm back, trapped between the old off-white walls of these lecture halls.

From everything I was expecting to happen this summer, it sure as fuck wasn't turning into a lazy bitch. I used to be able to sit through hours of lectures and take notes of everything like a freaking robot. But today... today I haven't even been here for two hours and I already want to dip. I've reached for my phone to text Kayden on how to get myself out of this hell for, like, three times, but held myself back. It honestly startles me how much I find myself thinking of him. He's on my mind all fucking day when he's not with me, like an severe high school crush gone bad. its pathetic, really.

Just thinking about him makes my gut clench in knots. The memories of him on top of me... The memories of him on his knees for me... The memories of him settled between my legs after demanding for me to spread them...

Ugh. So many freaking tingles. This man's got my toes curling, even when he's not even near me.

Fucking hell, I did not know it would be that good. No one has ever gone down on me, my stupid high school's bully's hands were the only ones that have had the pleasure to be down there and let me tell you- that did not feel even a quarter as good compared to anything Kayden did to me. His every touch left my skin smoldering as he went. It's like I can still feel his hands on me.

A piercing shiver runs down my body, making me shudder.

''Oh for fucks sake,'' Mateo grumbles from besides me. ''What the hell is up with you today, girly? You're all up in that head of yours.''

I shift in the uncomfortable seat, tilting my head to meet his dark questioning eyes. ''Nothing. I'm good.''

''Bull-fucking-shit.'' He quips. ''You haven't even commented on Travis' haircut.''

''Maybe because you're the one that's been crushing on him since last year and not me.'' I deadpan.

''Right...'' he drawls and I roll my eyes. Sometimes I wonder how this guy even got into law school. ''But seriously, what's going on with you?''

Of course that's the exact moment my phone decides to buzz with a notification.

Kayden: Bet you're already regretting not taking me up on the Atlanta offer.

I feel my lips jerk. He's currently in Atlanta with his team, recording some kind of rap song with this huge rapper I already forgot the name of. He asked me to come with him, but besides the fact that school started again, what the fuck was I going to do in a recording studio full of rich men that probably walk around with their dicks in their hand, thinking they are God's gift to us women.

Now that we're dating and doing the whole exclusive thing or whatever the fuck is going on between us, I thought I'd be more worried about him going away on these kinds of trips. If he got with anyone on the New York one, yeah it would've motherfucking stung and I would probably never let him out the friendzone, but we weren't anything back then. I may have harbored my feelings for him but I still wouldn't have had the right to be as angry as I was when I thought he actually touched another girl. And now... I would probably try and cut his dick up in his sleep.

We haven't had the whole ''exclusive'' talk but we're both sensible adults so I think it goes without saying that he's never touching me ever again if he does get carried away in Atlanta and ends up doing something stupid- which I trust him no to. Same goes for me here in LA. Not that I'm even able to literally think about anyone other than him, let alone touch in the same way I touched him. I'd feel dirty and not in a good OMG-Kayden-just-came-all-over-my-stomach type of way.